Monday, November 1, 2010

I knew it was coming

I pushed it back all year, MSU was playing great but I didn't want to buy in, I have seen this before, I kept thinking they were going to lose, but they kept winning. So then last week I finally gave in and wrote this:

"I am all in on MSU now, they are winning the big ten, meaning Iowa will beat them 31-17"

Turns out it wasn't even that close. MSU lost 37-6 and was never in the game, made worse was the fact that Chris L Rucker got out of jail on Thursday and then traveled with the team on Friday and played in the game. This is such a MSU thing to do. As soon as people start talking about big ten title, and a chance at the national title, which they never really had, they go and get killed. I like MSU, and they are not a bad team, but where they are ranked now 15 or 16 depending on the poll, it about right, compared to the 5 or 6 range that they were going in to the game. MSU has only beaten one good team all year, and that was Wisconsin at home, which is a good win, but the only other good team they played, Iowa, they got killed. A team with one good win isn't a contender. I hope they can rebound and still win at least a share of the big ten and go to a bowl, but this is what usually happens, they start good, then they have a big loss, and then they start their tailspin, I hope it doesn't happen this year, they have a good defense and a great running game, hopefully they can bounce back.

Michigan can score... they just can't stop anyone, and PSU got a good win for them, because as I have said many times, and use to joke with my old college rm chaz about, you don't go in to happy valley and win at night.

Mizzu got killed by Nebraska just like I thought

Auburn kept winning, as did Oregon, though I was right, USC hung around for awhile. They still need to play Zona, coming up, big game, and then their big rival Oregon state at the end of the year but if I had to pick right now I would say Oregon plays in the national title game, against.... Bama. Yes Auburn will keep winning, until that Bama game at the end of the year, Bama will then win the SEC title game and get to the national title game. There is no way they wouldn't jump a undefeated Boise or who ever wins TCU-Utah.

ND lost to Tulsa.... very sad about the student dieing on the video tower this week, my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.. but as far as the game.. suck one bk.

I need to enjoy bk doing bad since CMU is having a terrible year themselves, loosing their third home game, and 6th game overall in a row on Saturday, 17-14 over a bad Bowling Green team. After being down 10-0 at half they then took the lead 14-10 until a fumble by Paris Cotton with just over 2 minutes to go gave BG the ball back, and they scored with 21 seconds left. Tough tough year for CMU football, on Friday they play our biggest rival Western Michigan in our last home game. That would be a big game to get, and would really help this team and all the fans, though nothing will help make this a good season at this point, just get a win. We have won 4 in a row against western, and they would love nothing more then to beat us at our place for just the second time since 1973, they have one tie as well in that time. Lucky for me, and other CMU fans, the basketball season is here, there will be a ex game on Wednesday night at mt p hs, and then the new events center opens DEC 1st against Temple.

The Pistons were up 19 on the Bulls and ended up loosing on Saturday night, it sucked, they were outscored 33-9 in the 4th, and our now 0-3. They lost on Friday night to the Thunder by one, after CV31 made a 3 to go up one, Jeff Green drove by Jason M like he was standing still and no one helped in time and he made a lay up for the win, Ben G didn't even get a shot off in the final 2.5 seconds, and basically dribbled out the clock, since we didn't have a time out left.

Wings did win 5-2 on Saturday night, so that is good, and the news is Jimmy Howard will be back in net starting on Wednesday, so that's good.

Someone told me the World Series is still going, but I can not confirm that. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: