Sunday, December 19, 2010

Getting caught up

Wow, it has been a long time since I wrote on here. First things first, one major reason for that is my son was born on November 29th, pierce timothy is doing great, and is a big boy, I have a future LB in the making, second my basketball recruiting/scouting website is now up and running so check it out, www.alleyesonuhoops.com. Other then that, there is of course way too many things to talk about that has happened in sports since the last time I wrote, so I will just mention a few things quickly.

-My Giants have a big game against the Eagles today, they already lost once to them, so they need to hold serve and beat them at home

-The Clippers didn't win a road game all year, until the last two nights, they have beaten the pistons, more on them in a second, and the bulls back to back.

- Got to feel bad for Yao Ming, who is done for the year again, he was also the leading vote getting for centers in the west, even though he hadn't played since early November.... Thank you China

-I have made a choice to give the Pistons until the new year, at that time I will re due my NBA playoff picks, and think if I want to believe that this team can still be the 7-8th seed in the east, or is it lottery for sure, and no real reason to watch many of their games.

-The Wings are playing well, though they didn't play great Friday night in chicago, they play today, and hopefully will get another win, they still have the most points in the western conference

-Tom Izzo being suspended for MSU's game yesterday was so funny, he had a guy work a camp who knew a recruit, the guy got paid the same amount as everyone else, and the guy worked a middle school camp where the recruit in question wasn't even there, that is the NCAA at its best. Calapari can give a star players dad or AAU coach way more money then others get, and have them join his staff, basically doing nothing but paying them a lot, and he can still go from school to school and he never gets punished for it. I know recruits, I have worked college camps, I got paid the same amount of everyone else, is that wrong, no, of course not.

-Michigan basketball is playing well right now and got a nice 16 point win over a good Oakland team, who had beaten Tennessee the game before. The big ten has a lot of good teams, msu, osu, purdue, minn, wisc, ect, but I think Michigan will have a chance to be in the top half of the conference and thus make the tournament.

-Duke is really good, even with Irving most likely done for the year

-Now that Kansas has Josh Shelby back they should be a final four team as well, though they didn't look great against USC at home yesterday and really got lucky to win.

-Ill losses to UIC, in a real big win for the flames and their first year coach.

-I hope I can see win my semi final match up in fantasy football even without Aaron Rodgers, the problem is I have mark Sanchez as my backup and he is playing pitt, I did great a nice start on the week from Vincent Jackson though, so we shall see.

Anyway, go check out the website, www.alleyesonuhoops.com and have a happy holidays everyone. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: