Monday, April 11, 2011

NHL Playoff Picks

The NHL Playoffs are set and begin on Wednesday, so with that in mind, here are my playoff picks. (Remember the NHL reseeds after each round)


East:

1) Washington vs 8) NY Rangers- The Caps have had a few great regular seasons in a row and nothing to show for it in the playoffs, will this year be different? The Rangers have beat the Caps 3 out of 4 times this year, including 6-0 and 7-0, but even though I don't think the Caps will win the cup,they will get by the Rangers in 6.

2) Philia vs 7)Buffalo- The season series is tied at two, but Phili is the better team and I don't think it is close. Give Buffalo a game, Phili in 5.

3) Boston vs 6)Montreal- The Canadians took 4 of 6 from the B's in the season series and there are usually a few lower seeds who win, and I see this as one of them, Montreal in 6.

4) Pit vs 5)Tampa Bay- I like the Lighting here as well for a few reasons, one, I don't like Pit, and two, who knows with Crosby. Lighting in 6.



1) Washington vs 6) Montreal- It is good for hockey when the Canada teams are good, and I would love the Canadians to win, but I like the Caps to win in 6

2) Phili vs 5) Tampa Bay- I like the Lighting but Phili has a team built from the playoffs. Phili in 6


1) Washington vs. 2) Phili- Is this the year? Can the Caps make the finals? I think they can. Caps win in 7 in a tough tough series


West:

1) Vancouver vs. 8) Blackhawks- The defending champs get in, thanks to Dallas loosing to the Wild last night, and have eliminated Vancouver the last three years. The teams did split four games this season, but the playoffs are something very different. But this year I think Vancouver is too good. They win in 5

2) San Jose vs. 7) LA Kings- A nice all California series should be fun out west. The series is tied at 3 during the year, though the Sharks did just win 6-1 on April 4th, and that is one of the reasons I like the Sharks in 6

3) Red Wings vs. 6) PHX- Last year the Wings eliminated PHX in the playoffs, and this year they will do it again. Yeah I'm a big Red Wings fan, so of course I am going to pick them, but Wings in 5

4) Ducks vs. 5) Nashville- I like Nashville to win this series in 6, as they have won 3 out of 4 during the season


1) Vancouver vs 5) Nashville- Vancouver is too good, they really are. They win in 6.

2) San Jose vs. 3) Red Wings- It's tough to go out west, but last year the Sharks needed the Wings season, not again. Wings find a way to win in 6


1) Vancouver vs. 3) Red Wings- Of course I want the Wings to win, and will be cheering loud for them. I think they can win, and I have faith in them, but if I had to make a pick that I would bet on, I have to take Vancouver in 7.


Stanley Cup Finals

1) Vancouver vs 1) Washington- Lets be honest, the two #1 seeds will not both make it, so I will be wrong with this, but I will stick with it for now. Vancouver will take the cup home, it is there year. They win in 6.

I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: