Monday, May 19, 2008

8 to go

well it's mid may, which means only one thing, the pistons are back in the eastern conference finials, again. I am looking forward to what should be a good series will the Celtics, and I must say, it worked out better then I could have thought, and we have no excuses, the pistons need to win this series. Their window is closing, they are well rested, and the Celtics have had two 7 game series in a row, and have yet to win on the road. The pistons will win game 1, 3, 4, and 6 and win this series and go on to the nba finals to play the lakers, that is if the Horents beat the spurs tonight, which I don't think they will do. The spurs will win tonight and beat the lakers in 6. In other news, I am starting to get semi worried about my tigers, 6 and a half back, ten games under 500, not what I had in mind, I was ok with the slow start, but it really isn't that early anymore, I still have faith, that they can turn it around and win the central, but they have some work to do... they should do a few things:
1) have inge play 3rd- he is your best defender at that spot by far, and he isn't that bad of a hitter
2) put carlos back at 1st- much better range then manny jr
3) manny jr needs to either DH, or lose 20 lbs and play left field, if he is the DH, then sheff has to play left, which is fine, it just means granderson has to go basically from foul line to foul line, which he can almost do, cause he is sick
4) Trade thames for some bullpen help.. or try to trade sheff, or just drop him, and have rayburn, cleveland, or joyce play left.. or hell, keep manny jr at 1, where he is a big defensive nightmare, then have carlos play thrid and have inge play left.. or trade inge for bull pen help and have thames play left

bottom line, something needs to happen, they have options, we might need to use some of them.

On a different note, only 108 days till the first NFL game, that is good news. I will end this with a joke I heard yesterday that I really liked,

so a boy comes home from school, and walks up stairs and ends up waling in on his parents having sex, his dad is on top just really giving it to his wife, and he just gives him a thumbs up, which makes the son quickly close the door. well about a week later the dad's mother was visiting and he went to her room to see her after he got back from work, and walked in to find his son on top of her, with her legs up in the air, just really pounding her. The son looked up and said.. " not so funny, when it's your mom is it."

I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: