Thursday, May 29, 2008

got to have faith

For the 4th year in a row my beloved pistons are down 3-2 in the eastern conference finals. But I still have faith they can win this series, and still win a championship. In 2005 they won game 6 in Detroit and then beat the heat on the road in game 7. The Celtics have already lost two games sixes on the road to teams not as good as the pistons, so the pistons can win the game, and then the series. Game 7 will be very tough to win on the road in Boston but that doesn't mean it can not be done. The big thing is kendrick perkins can not score 18 points and have 16 rebounds, that just can't happen. I have always felt the stars will get their points, the Boston 3 party can have their 25 a piece but the other players, rondo, perkins, house, posey, E.T. aka sam cassel, pj brown, big baby and leon pown, those guys have to score under 10 points, not any one of them can go off. Really the pistons won game 4 because of max and the great game he had. He needs to do it again tomorrow. Boston can close it out tomorrow, but I am not that worried about it happening, I think the pistons will have enough pride not to loose at home and end their season.

This brings me to an interesting question, is it better to like a team that never is good, never really makes the playoffs and you are happy just getting to 500, or a team that gets to conference finials after conference finials, always has the first or second best record in the league and then they find ways to not win it all. Looking at the last 5 reg. seasons it would be hard to believe that the pistons have one title... 6 conference finials in a row, 2 nba finials.. but only one title. There last two coaches, one was fired after making it to the conference finals and having at least 50 wins every year he coached their, and the other coached for two years, and got to two NBA finials, winning one, and walked away.. Now flip has been to the conference finals every year, this was the first year he didn't have the best record in the east, and it was the second best not only in the east, but in the entire nba, and piston fans, me included, can't stand him, we want him gone, we all think he is a terrible coach. He has won more playoff series in 3 years then a lot of coaches would ever dream of, and we are trying to run him out of town, because he has not won a championship. I actually asked myself this question two football seasons ago after the giants won the final game of the year against the skins to make the playoffs. I was really happy and my roommate at the time told me, " why are you happy, you will just be more pissed off when they lose next week." which they ended up doing. Compare that to one of my old college roommates who for some reason likes the dolphins, I can't help you with this one, he also likes the pens in hockey, after a 1-15 year, you have no where to go but up, everyone you draft you think, man this guy will be the one to turn it around, if you lose in the first round of the playoffs each year, there usually isn't a guy at 24 that you think, man I am so glad we got him, he will be the differences for us. Of course this is all worth it when your team does win it all. The giants this year was amazing, I think what made it better was I never once thought they were going to win in any playoff game after the bucks, I was happy they were there. The pistons I don't worry about them until game 5 or 6 of a series, I am that confident that they can pull it out. 2004 was great, going to the bar for all the games, the entire place going crazy, celebrating after each win, like we were there and had a lot to do with the outcome, but then came 2005 game 7, 2006 game 7 of the ecf, games3-6 of the ecf in 2007, and now game 5 of the 2008 ecf. Will the pistons give me hope and win tomorrow night and force a game 7, yeah I think they will, but maybe only to tow with me more and lose game 7. I have faith that they can, and will win game 6, and I even have faith they can win game 7 in Boston. I will be watching Celtic pride, they lose both games in that movie, to work on the jinx, it worked before game two, and it needs to work again.

On the other series real quick, cause I know this has been long. I have this feeling the spurs will win tonight, and in game 6, only to run out of gas and the younger Lakers will win the series at home in 7. But Kobe might be out for blood tonight and drop like 45. Lets go pistons. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: