Friday, May 30, 2008

It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun

A lot of things go though my head as a sport season that I follow so closely gets done. More so then in football in basketball and baseball I get to see so many games. Being a NY Giant fan in Michigan I am lucky if I get to see 3 or 4 games during the year. For the tigers and my beloved pistons I see about 60 or so pistons games, and at least 100 or so tiger games. Now I still have the tigers, who as I am writing this are trying to hang on up 7-4 to SEA in a game that they scored all 7 runs in the first, and have already left 14 runners on base, and we are only in the 7. Watching the pistons the last 6 years or so has been great, it really has, during most of that time I was in college, I would watch a lot of games at the bar, with lots of my friends, just drinking, and cheering and having a great time. By most peoples standard we were a success. Got to two finials, won one of them, and have been to 6 conference finals in a row. But we are not happy on this day, nor have we be since 2004. Maybe we are wrong, but we feel, at least I do, and I know a lot of my friends do, that we have been the best team in the NBA the last 6 years and should have more then one title to show for it. I am not saying we should have won all 6, but at least more then one. A few things should and I think will happen, first, flip is gone, there is no way he is staying. Look at his record and you would think I am crazy, but the coach before was here two years, went to two finals, the coached before him was fired after a 50+ win season, we are not interested in reg season wins, we want rings. Another question is, with a new coach will joe d give this group one more chance, or try to drop sheed when he can still get something for him. Billups is staying, and I think rip is very safe as well, and ta ta is going to be the future of the team with stuck and max, and then hopefully more pt for amir Johnson. But there are a lot of veterans that might just be on their way out. Maybe it is time to get a little younger, a little more athletic and try something else, it was a good run, but not good enough. Especially with other teams in the east getting younger and better, the hawks, magic, raptors, even the bucks, and then of course their is the lebrons and the Celtics. Also the heat and bulls should both be back in the playoffs next year, so it might be time to do some things. I am a big sheed fan so I will be sad if he is not a piston anymore, I have 6, yes 6 sheed jerseys, and I love the guy, but I am a piston fan, and if moving him is the best thing for the team I can live with that...... ( for the record... I am writing this right after they lost the series when sheed just went 2-12, including 0-6 from 3, so once I settle down I am sure I will change my mind and be really pissed if the pistons let him go, you just caught me at one of the only times in my life that I will rip sheed).. anyway, I do still love him, but if we can get a young cheaper athletic guy and maybe a second round pick, I am good with it.

I would like to say quickly to all real Boston fans that have been through all the bad years, and stuck with their team, congratulations, you deserve this, you have a great team, and in the 4th quarter you just wanted it more tonight, and it showed, the better and more hungry team won, and I wish you luck in the NBA finals... which I have the Celtics winning in 6, winning games 1, 2, 4, and 6.....

one other sad, quick, random note... the last two movies that I went to see in the theaters, one which I picked to see, both had full frontal male nudity. Not something I expect when I go to the cinema, but what ever... and yeah the last one was the sex in the city movie, two good things, one, I did go with my fiance so I scored some points there, and two, hey I got to see some boobs as well, and that is always a good thing... I will now go cry myself to sleep and try to regroup... and get ready for next year.. the draft is coming up, less then a month. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: