Monday, November 9, 2009

That was a tough one

The Giants are up 17-14, SD has the ball and Rivers throws a pick, and it gets return to the 4, things are looking good, I'm happy, then a holding call makes it first and goal at the 14. First a WR swing pass, for no yards, then two runs up the middle, and we kick a fg, up 20-14 with just over 2 minutes to go. I have heard a lot of people call to question the move to just run the ball there and waste some time, and then kick the fg, instead of going for a TD and a win, I want a team that isn't afraid to lose, that plays to win, and not to not lose, but I also would relay on your defense with 2 minutes left, and SD only having one timeout to go, and a TD is the only thing that hurts you, that the Defense is going to get a stop. But that isn't what happens, Rivers moves down the field, and doesn't even have to use their one timeout, and after a long pass to Darren Sporles, who should never be one on one with a LB, a long corner route it wide open for the Chargers to score with 21 seconds to go. The game ends on a sac, how you don't block Merriman at all, I have no idea. The loss is the Giants 4th in a row, which really hurts me, especially since the Cowboys have won 4 in a row, which makes it even worse. Going in to the bye week at 5-4, not what you want, or are expecting after starting 5-0. Now it is true that a lot of those team did suck that they beat, but they have already beaten the Cowboys in Dallas, and played the Eagles in phili, so there only road division game left is the skins, so sitting at 2-1 in the division isn't too big of a deal. They just need to use the bye week, rest up, regroup and understand there is a lot of games left in this season. They better do it, because if they don't make the playoffs things will not be good at all. I have faith that they can turn it around, they better.

The Pistons won yesterday in what I called a must win, and I am glad they did. Playing without RIP and Tay is good in a way because you can see what this team will look like for the next few years, Jonas and Daye playing the 3, Gordon at the two, and Stuck and Will as your other guards who play. Charlie V has shown some signs, and I continue to think he will become a very good player for us, he is really sheed without the attitude, I really believe that, he is 6'11, can step out and shoot the 3, and also post and score, and even take guys off the dribble to the rack. I still think the playoffs is where this team will be, and I think a 6 seed is doable.

Michigan is in big trouble, they need to find a way to beat Wisconsin or OSU, and I just don't see it happening. Rich Rod shouldn't get fired yet, but that hot seat is only going to get hotter

ND on the other hand is in even more trouble, and Weis should be gone no question about it. You will hear Brain Kelly's name a lot, and that would be a dream type job for him, that if he is offered it, he will take it in a second. He may be a d bag, but he is a good coach. ND needs to do something.

MSU kicked the crap out of western, which makes me happy.

Oregon comes off a week where they looked as good as any team in the nation last week in their butt kicking of USC to get beat by Stanford, I mean, wow.

Other then that, it wasn't too bad of a sports weekend. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: