Friday, May 1, 2009

Bulls-Celtics

In the world we live in today with 24hr sports talk radio, and 24hr sports stations, and the Internet with every looser, I mean smart guy with a take, having a blog, everyone gets caught up in the moment of where what we are watching ranks. Is this the best player, is this the biggest upset, is this the best comeback, is this the best series? All I have to say about that is, who cares, stop talking about it, and enjoy it. I am not a fan of either the Celtics or the Bulls, in fact, they are in the bottom 5 of team in the NBA. But as a basketball fan I am loving watching this series and would watch these two teams play games like the 6 they have just played everyday for the rest of my life. It has been great. Last night was another example. A 3 OT classic, big shot after big shot, players stepping up, guys you would not expect playing great. It had everything, and it now comes down to what it should come down to. A game 7, loser goes home, winner takes all... or winner goes to the second round. That is the biggest problem with this series. It is in the 1st round, and even though 4 of the 6 games have gone to OT, and there has been 7 OT periods combined, more then any team has played in any playoff SEASON, let alone series, at the end of the day, it is still the first round. No one really believes either one of these teams are going to do anything about this. Maybe they beat the Magic, but then the Cavs will win anyway. So after a few years, or maybe even by June, during the NBA finals no one will remember this series or think about it as one of the all time greats. As far as every game, besides game 3, being close, and exciting to watch, this is right up there, but there has been more talent in a series, and more bad blood and definitely more on the line. So don't worry about ranking it, as one of the all time great series, just enjoy it, and try to remember it, because even though it is a first round series it has been great. I am looking forward to game 7 tomorrow, I think it will be another close one, and it is really true neither team deserves to lose this series, but one of them has to, and I hope it's the Celtics. Because I picked the Bulls to win the series in 6 in my playoff predictions

I was very wrong about NO and the blazers, and would like to say I'm sorry to Denver and Houston. Good job, they both looked good. Denver looked really good, the Rockets are just going to get beat by the Lakers in 5 now anyway, but still they finally one a 1st round series, all it took was for T-mac not to play.

I am also kind of looking forward to the Derby tomorrow, I am trying to get in to it. I am rooting for Hold me back. I love that name, should be a great sports Saturday tomorrow. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: