Monday, September 6, 2010

Kickoff weekend

I am just getting back from Higgins Lake and had a nice time with the fam. First CMU did ok and won 33-0 over Hampton. They had a few first game mistakes, and Hampton is bad, so we will find out a little more on Thursday when they play at Temple. Saturday could not work out better for me. I am at the Cottage with only one TV, and my daughter and wife and her grandparents and of course my daughter wants to go out side and play all day.. I just want to sit around and watch college football. So what happens? in yet another example of how much God loves me, it is cold and raining all day. Oh how saw, lol. So I got to lay around and watch a lot of the college football I wanted to watch. There is one big game that begins in about a half and hour but I will talk about a few of the games that already happened.

Michigan looked good, well let me changed that, D Robinson looked good. Got to wait and see on them, remember this is the same team that was 4-0 last year and #18 in the nation, and finished 5-7.

MSU destroyed Western after a slow start. Which makes me happy, because not only do I like MSU, besides some of their stupid fans who think they are a elite program, and being a CMU grad I do not like western Michigan at all, and that is the nicest way I can say that. Again, like Michigan, MSU has a long way to go if they want to go 11-1 like some of their fans think they will. I'm telling you, they are entertaining

ND looked decent against a Purdue team that who knows how good they will be. I can't say I am happy about that, never been a ND fan and the fact that now ex CMU coach Brain Kelly is there, I want them to fail even more.

The other Ex-CMU coach at a BCS program now is our last coach Butch Jones at Cinci, who was up 14-0 on Fresno State, so I turned off the game and went to bed, well I guess the Cinci football team stopped playing too, as Fresno won 28-14. I am not too happy about that, I wish Coach Jones well, if you wonder the difference, there are a few things: 1) BK is a good coach, but he is a huge A hole, and only cares about himself, he also left right after he told his players he would not after a MAC title. 2) I believe Coach Jones did all he could to better the team while he was here. 3) I got to know his wife rather well, as I coached his oldest son in Basketball and she is a wonderful lady, and she gave me a lot of CMU stuff.

UNC made a great comeback on LSU, but just couldn't get it done in the end with all those players out. Plus LSU is a good program. Butch Davis has done a great job at UNC though and they could be a very tough team to beat, if they get their guys back

Utah beat Pitt in OT in a very good game. Dion Lewis is the best RB in the nation, but had a bad game for him for Pitt and Utah is a very tough team to beat on the road, they have won 18 games at home in a row now I believe. It was funny how Pitt missed a kick at the end of the game, but a time out by the Utah coach gave the kicker another chance, and he made it, only to have Pitt throw a pick on the first play of OT and Utah kick a FG for the win.

TCU beats Oregon Sate, but to me, it showed me they are overrated. They are not a top ten team if they barly beat Oregon State, who is in the 20's. Unless Oregon State is better then people think, but I don't. TCU is a good team, but not a top ten team.

Looking forward to Boise and Va Tech, now starting in about ten minutes. I would like to see Boise win, but I think Va Tech will win, if it was at Boise no question they win, but Va Tech is a very good football team as well. Should be a good game though. Tomorrow I will do my NFL picks. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: