Tuesday, September 14, 2010

NFL week one

The NFL is the hardest league to figure out. I thought Tampa Bay Bucks may not win a game all year, they win week one. You think the Viks and Saints will play a offensive shootout, nope. Dallas, as much as I hate them should win the east and the Skins will struggle, nope. The Chargers are by far the best team in the AFC West they wouldn't have any troubles with KC right, nope. At least some things I was right about. The Texans did beat the Colts, I wouldn't worry too much, or at all, if I was a Colts fan. That game meant a lot more to the Texans then it did to the Colts, the Colts know they are a good team, they know they will make the playoffs, the Texans is the team that has to show it will. I have already said I think the Texans will win a wild card spot in the AFC, now they need to keep this going.

The Jets showed the problems they still have last night, for all the people talking about them like they are a super bowl team they still have lots of problems. The Ravens are going to be tough to beat, and I think 13-3 for them is about right.

I am very happy my Giants did win, but they need to run the ball better, and Eli can't throw 3 picks. The Panthers may be worse then 7-9, we shall see.

The Lions thought they won, and then they didn't, I am not a Lions fan, but many many people I know are and I feel bad for them that they keep finding ways to lose, to me it was the right call, it is just a stupid rule. How can you throw the ball basically at the pylon and as long as the ball touches it before any part of your body touches the ground it's a TD, but if you catch the ball, come down with both feet, have your butt hit, a elbow hit, and then roll over and put the ball down on the ground and it comes out, it isn't. Just a messed up rule. Saying that, the Lions were up 14-3 and let the game get away, that has a lot to do with Stafford's injury and hopefully he will be ok. They now have a big home game vs Phili and most likely Mike Vick. I think the Eagles will win that game, but for all of my Lions fan friends out there I hope I am wrong.

The end of the skins-cowboys game made me so happy, I can't even put it in to words. I hate the cowboys more then any team in the NFL so to see that team with all their "talent" and all this hype to lose a game like that to the Skins is just great. I also think they gave Miles Austin too much money, too soon, but whatever, do what you want. The Cowboys should still be fine, but I hope they are not.

The Steelers found a way to win, got to give them credit, now they go to Tennessee, that is a game I think the Titans will win. ATL is such a hard team to get a read on.

I was right, at least for one week, about the Seahawks, if they are healthy they still have the best qb in the division imo and that helps a lot. They have a great home field advantage and they have a coach that is very upbeat and brings in a winning attitude. The 49ers, to me, showed they have talent, but they don't know how to win yet.

Not a bad week one in the NFL, besides me going 1-2 in fantasy football. Looking forward to the rest of the week, some big games this week as well, that I will talk about as we get closer. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: