Tuesday, January 12, 2010

13 in a row

The Pistons loosing streak has now reached 13. After another half ass effort last night loosing to the Bulls by 33. They have the Bullets tonight ( oh yeah, I will be bringing that back) and then they do have a home and home with the Knicks so hopefully the streak can stop soon. Two things keep me going today. One, even with their 13 game loosing streak they still are only 5 games out of the playoffs, and second, they still haven't had their entire team for a game since opening night. They need time with a lot of new guys and a new coach to get use to each other, and their roles. This year they needed a grace period to get to know each other, and injuries are the worse thing that can happen. But it is a long season and there is a lot of time left, so even though they are only 11-25, I still think they can, and will make the playoffs. That gives me hope, I need to have it. Or maybe I want them to get a top 3 pick in the draft, and just throw this year away. I would do a few things for sure right away:
1) Trade RIP, Max and a pick for Bosh and then sign him to a extension. I believe that the Raptors should do this because they are not going to resign him, so you might as well get something for him. Then the Pistons can build around a team of Stuck, Ben, CV, and Bosh. Which isn't a bad start. As soon as you sign Gordon, who is basically a younger and shorter RIP, RIP needs to be traded, you need to start again. It was a good run, but it's time to move on.
2) Start your best line up. Why is Wilcox starting? Really? Start Stuck, RIP (until he is traded) Jonas ( until TA TA is back) CV 31 and Big Ben. Then come with Gordon and Wilcox/Max off the bench. Chuckie, until Will is back, and then give Daye some minutes as well, and you are good.
3) Win a freaking game... please


I want to say that I am shocked that Mark M came out and told me that he wasn't clean, really Mark, I couldn't tell. You are just doing this because you have to, now that you are working as a hitting coach. If you did it on our own, maybe I would have some respect for you, but you didn't.

I also would like to make it clear that I think that Pete C will not do well in Sea. He is a college coach, there is no question about it.

CMU has hired Dan Enos as their new head coach, and will announce it officially at a press conference today at 3pm. I hear good things about him, so I am happy. I also trust Mr. Heeke, so who ever he hires I am behind. Enos has done a great job recruiting especially in the state of Michigan, so I am excited for CMU to take the next step. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: