Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A lot to get to

2010 has started off with a bang, sorry Gilbert, I had to, as we have already had some big sports news. I will wait on talking about the bowls until they are all over, and there is still a very important one left, CMU-Troy tonight, oh yeah, and the National title game. But what else has been happening that I wanted to talk about? Good question, glad you asked;

Agent 0- Lost his damn mind. I love a few things about this story, first, he had the guns at the area to keep them out of the reach of his small children, great, two, it was just a joke, yeah, really funny Gilbert, three, they drew unloaded guns on each other, four, how much money do you have, just pay the gambling debt, and five, it proves the sports guys point that all NBA fights start because of either a gambling debt or someone messing around with someones wife/girlfriend/hookup. This can't end any other way but for a long suspension right? The fact that he is still playing for them right now is shocking to me. Is David Stearn on vacation or something?

-The Pistons have now lost 10 games in a row. Am I freaking out about this? no, not yet, but I am getting worried. They have the Spurs next after loosing a close one to Dallas last night, so it will not get any easier. I understand it will take time for everyone to get use to playing with each other, now that RIP, ta ta and Gordon and finally playing, and CV 31, so we actually have the roster we thought we would have. So take your time, get use to playing with each other, just play close to 500 ball while you do it. Then go on a win streak and as long as we get to 500 for the year, or close to it, I believe that gets you a playoff seed in the east. I expect playoffs from this team, and I better see it. The only problem I had last night, ok, so there was more, but this was the biggest, if you are down and time is running out, you need to score, so why play 4 on 5 on offense. Big Ben is great and all, and is still good defensively, but he is on Drew Gooden, CV 31 can't guard him, so then on offense you have a guy who is 4-6 from 3 for the game in, instead of a guy who everyone knows isn't going to do anything but screen. They ran a great play down 3 with 11 seconds to go and Stuck got a wide open, and I mean wide open, 3 point look that would have tied it, I mean there was no one within 15 feet of him. I saw him saying to Ta Ta as they were walking off the court that he was too wide open. Either way, we had our chances, and didn't get it done.

My Giants chose to give up another 40 spot on Sunday, getting their D-cord fired, thank god. If you are coming in to a job, where you were the LB coach, so you know the system, the system works, why change it. Don't over coach, just let the guys do what they do, it works. But no, so now you are fired, good by. I didn't want the Giants to win on Sunday since they couldn't make the playoffs and I wanted a better draft pick, we are 15th now, but I didn't want them to just not show up and lay a total egg and lose 44-7. I mean my god, really. How do you follow up the best half of the season against the Skins in the first half, with two of the worst first half's ever the next two weeks? How? please someone tell me. I will now go cry, excuse me for a moment.

Thank you, I am back now, moving on, it should be a good college basketball game tonight between MSU and Wisconsin. Wisconsin always plays MSU tough, and tonight should be no exception. It is at MSU, so I think MSU will win, but I will be watching as much as I can in between watching my Chippewas play in the GMAC bowl.

UNC lost in OT to College of Charleston the other day, I actually give props to UNC for actually going there for a game. Also Kansas went to Temple for a game on Sunday, it didn't go well for the home team at all. But way to actually play non conference road games, not neutral site games.

Congrats to Chris Johnson for becoming the 6th player to rush for over 2,000 yards in a year. Especially since he helped me get to a fantasy football final and win 100 bucks, so thank you Chris.

One last note. I watched a little of wwe Monday night, I use to be a big wrestling fan, and I am not anymore, but I heard Bret Heart was coming back so I thought why not click over for a bit. I could see the heel turn coming a mile away from Vince, and then I was upset and lost a little respect for Bret that he would come back just to get kicked in the stomach, he must really need the money, but then my old room mate Drew, who is still in to wrestling, told me it was a 3 month deal and they are setting up a Bret vs Vince Wrestlemana match, which may be worth going somewhere to watch... then again, probably not. I also read, and then watched on YouTube Hulk Hogan is now on TNA, and they went head to head against RAW on Monday. I didn't know it was 1997 all of a sudden. TNA is decent to watch, especially if you are like me and use to watch wrestling back in the day and haven't for awhile. Why you ask, because it has all the old wcw/wwe guys. Sting, Hogan, Angle, Nash, Raven, and that's just naming a few. Scott Hall and Xpac were there as well, with Hogan's new girlfriend, and his daughter, who look frightening like each other. Now you may ask yourself, why did I just write this? I actually have no idea, don't know why I mentioned it, but oh well, I did. I guess I could delete it, but nah, maybe someone will get a smile out of it.

I will wait till Friday to talk about the bowls, so that is all for now. Go fire up Chips. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: