Monday, January 18, 2010

A great moment

I can't help but write about this. I feel bad because it had nothing to do with me, but sometimes you are just at the right place at the right time.

This is my 6th year helping out coaching the varsity basketball team at Mt. Pleasant high school, and 4 years ago we had a freshmen come in to our school who was rationally ranked. His father got the head coaching job at CMU, thank you Mr Heeke, best hire ever, and now he was going to be playing for us. He was about 6'3 at the time, and did need to put on some weight, but he was very very talented and now at 6'5 almost 200 pounds and has started to really fill out. He has gained interest for almost ever college there in and we would routinely have Michigan, MSU, Providence, LSU, ASU, among others at our games and practices the last two years. But on Thursday it reached the highest level it could. I like MSU, it's cool to see Coach Izzo, and Coach B and the entire Michigan staff is great, and I really like the Providence staff, both head coach Keno Davis and ast coach Chris Davis, but on Thursday Duke came to watch practice. Ast coach Nate James, who have been to a game before this year, was there, but he wasn't alone. No, he came with the man himself, Coach K. 3 national titles, 2 gold medals, countless final fours and ACC titles, and now he is standing right next to me. I had to get one of my Coach K books signed by him and he was very nice. I enjoyed talking to both he and Coach James. It was such a thrill. For me, someone who loves college basketball so much, and wants to coach, the only other people I would rather meet then Coach K would be Coach Knight and Coach Wooden, that's it. The best thing about him was how he treated everyone, people would walk in wanting to see him, and shake his hand, he would stand up, and introduce himself, like people didn't know who he was. Would talk to you, and more important listen to you, and look right in to your eyes. I would love to have my son, if I had one, play for him. I am not a big Duke fan, but that was very very cool, and by far the most famous person I have ever meet, and got to talk to. So thanks to Trey for being really good, and Mr Heeke for hiring Coach Z 4 years ago, since if that didn't happen, I would never have meet half the cool people I have meet in my life. I just needed to say that


As far as the games this weekend:

Didn't watch a lot of football but I am happy Dallas got killed, though it was classless for the Viks to run up the score and throw a pass on 4th and 3 for a TD, I hope the Saints kill them.

I find it funny the Jets are now in the AFC title game against the Colts, considering the only reason why they made the playoffs was the Colts rested their starters against the Jets in week 16. I can't wait for the Colts to kill them. Colts-Saints should be a fun super bowl to watch. Lets hope for lots of points

Michigan got a nice win over Uconn yesterday, a game that I could have gone to, thanks again to Trey getting me tickets, but my car died, and my mom was in town, and I just couldn't do it, oh well. Anyway, nice win for them, that they need, but they now go to Wis and Purdue for back to back games before returning home to MSU.. good luck with that.

Got to see the end of Cuse-WVU and Pitt-Louis two good close games. I really enjoy the big east as well. With the Pac 10 sucking so much, they should just put one, two tops, Pac ten teams in, and the rest can be from the big ten and big east.

24 started last night, good 2 hour start, I look forward to Agent Walker being there tonight, doing work. I know this is not sports related, but it needed to be said. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: