Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Full Sports Saturday

A jamed backed Saturday of Sports. Bama falls at South Car, MSU beats Michigan for the 3rd time in a row, two of those time in the big house, FL losses to LSU, on a great fake FG call by Les Miles, that sets up the winning TD, Auburn survives at Ken in OT, Free shoe takes it to da U, plus you had NHL games, MLB playoffs, preseason NBA, what more could you want.

I am very happy MSU won, I am surprised, I thought Michigan would beat them in a close shoot out. MSU's D really stepped up, and turnovers of course hurt Michigan. I have said many times how MSU is not a elite football school though a lot of their die hard fans talk about them like they are, they usually are good for 7-8 wins. But ever so often they put together a big year and win 10 games. This is looking to be that year. Great teams use to do two things, run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense, MSU does both of those things well, while still have some talent and speed in the wide out position. They have a very nice schedule and really Iowa is there only for sure loss that I see. I am sure now that my hopes are up they will lose three out of their next four, because that would be a MSU thing to do, but maybe, just maybe, this year is different.

Bama could not make it though their three game test of at Arkansas, home vs FL, who is not very good, and at South Car, as they lost for the first time in a long time, and still didn't fall out of the top ten, which is fine, they are a good team. Now that debate will start, does a one loss SEC team deserve a national title shot over a undefeated Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, Big East or Big 12 school.... I know they would get it over Boise or TCU. I think they do over a Big East and ACC< but not the other 3. Nebraska looks really good, and them and OK should be undefeated when they meet in the Big 12 title game, and the winner of that should go to the BCS title game.

What a call by Les Miles

Wings beat the blackhawks 3-2 and ruined their banner raising night. The Wings are 2-0 and play the Avs on Tuesday. I am very happy hockey as started

I have not watched one pitch of the baseball playoffs yet, for a few reasons, one, I would rather watch football, or the Wings, and two, I am really not a baseball fan, I am a fan of the Tigers, and Cubs, though not as much anymore now that they traded my boy D lee. Heck I watched preseason NBA over post season baseball. But I love basketball and would watch almost any basketball game over a non Tigers baseball game.

Some good NFL games today to talk about, but I will wait to do that until all the games are done. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: