Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NFL week five

If someone can make sense of the NFL season right now, please give it a try. What do you know about your team right now? To me, the NFL is getting what they want, the NFL with their hard cap and scheduling based on how you did the year before is a leauge unlike any others, to them they want every team to be 8-8. Of course that isn't going to happen, but this year besides three our four teams who are pretty good and three our four teams who are really bad, everyone else could be right around there. KC was 3-0 but didn't have any good wins, they go to Indy and though they ended up loosing 19-9 they held their own for a long time in that game, I was expecting the Colts to roll them. The Cowboys lose to the Titans at home, which I love, since I am a Giants fan, but I think everyone is waiting for them to just turn it on, but they have the Viks next, who are also having some problems, I mean their only win is against the Lions, and the loosing of that game would be 1-4, not good. The Saints lost to the Cards yesterday, and the Cards have been bad, really bad, in most games this year. My Giants had a nice road win at the Texans and that was great to see, but you expect the Texans offense to play a lot better then that. The Giants are looking a little like they did when they got to the Super Bowl, a very good defense, 1st in the NFL in total defense and 1st in passing defense, and with Nicks on the outside they have a big time WR, in the making. I am not calling for them to make the Super Bowl or anything, but a playoff bearth is with in reach that is for sure.

Lions got a big win over the Rams, but if Calvin Johnson is hurt bad it isn't good for them for the rest of the year, maybe he shouldn't have been in in the 4th quarter up 31-6. The Lions play at the Giants this Sunday in a really big game for me. Living in Michigan and being a big Giants fan I would never hear the end of it if the Giants lost at home to the Lions. It is a must win.

The Chargers are off to their usually terrible start, they will still win the AFC west, and I am not at all worried about that pick

The 2010 NFC West may be the worst division in NFL history.

I went a disapointing 1-2 in fantasy this week, got to bounce back. In one leauge where it was my teams first lost I really couldn't do much, I was going against the Lions D who scored over 40 points, how many times is that going to happen this year? I will tell you, no more times, it was just one of those things.

switching gears the Wings look to start the year 3-0 tonight when they play the Avs at home. I think the Wings will get the job done, but I really don't see them loosing unless they get lots of guys hurt again. 82-0 for them, jk, but they will win the West. The NBA season is getting closer, so I will do some thinking and then get my NBA picks out in the next week or so. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: