Wednesday, April 16, 2008

eastern conference playoff picks

since the west is not finial until the games get done tonight, I will do the east first, and the west tomorrow...


1) Celtics vs 8) Hawks- as much as I would love for the young athletic hawks to win this series, they are good for one game tops, more likely a Boston sweep.. but I will give them one, and say Celtics in 5
2) Pistons vs 7) 76ers- the 76ers are playing well right now, and being a pistons fan that has me a little worried, I would have much rather been playing the raptors, but there is still no chance the pistons lose more then two games in this series, and I will say they will only lose one. They have rested their starters and there bench has improved, and the starters will be well rested, plus they have a chip on their shoulder, Pistons in 5
3) Magic vs 6) Raptors- the raptors could win this series, they really could, and I think it will be a good one, however, I think Dwight Howard and Rashad Lewis will be able to get the job done and win in 6
4) lebrons vs Wash- Man I would love to pick the wizards I really would, but then they started running their months and talking.. great get lebron mad. I still think the cavs made a bad move trading 4 players and I think it will come back to hunt them, but not yet.. cavs in 7
1) Celtics vs lebrons-lebron will run in to a great team defense that will force other people to beat them, if wally and Gibson don't hit their wide open looks the cavs have no chance, I will give them one good game of being on, and lebron is good for a game, Celtics in 6
2) pistons vs 3) magic- I can not tell you how happy I am the magic is the 3 seed and the cavs are the 4. I am not even worried about this series even a little, the pistons have played very well against the magic the last few years, cause they make Dwight beat them from the line, which he can't do, the Pistons will win in 5
1) Celtics vs 2) Pistons- the series we all want to see. Being a piston fan of course I am going with them, but I really think they are the better totally team and can beat the Celtics 4 out of 7 times. They have the experience and they have been together for a while, it is their time, their bench has continued to improve and I think not having home court will not hurt them at all, I see them winning game 1, 3,4, and 6, and winning the series in 6 to go to the nba finals.

Who ever they play I give them a edge just because of having a easier road, getting more rest and really people might forget, they are a good team, they swept the suns, the spurs, nuggets, and NO, and spilt with LA, rockets, and mavs, and did get swept by the jazz.. the jazz is the only team that the pistons can't beat, cause memo always goes, you shouldn't have let me go in the 4th, but in a 7 game series I think they could beat the jazz too. Tomorrow I will do the west as the seeds get to be finial. It should be a great playoff run, and I am looking forward to it.. I am also looking forward to the NFl draft witch is fast approaching I will have a mock draft up sometime before the draft, but right now I am still in NBA mode... I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: