Monday, April 28, 2008

Just some thoughts

So after the first half of making me want to take my entire life and look back on it, and wonder what the hell am I doing here, the pistons thought, hey, why not play basketball like we have actually done it before. And thus outscoring the 76ers by 18 in the 3rd. Which of course brings us back to the question, why would they do this. Do they get bored, do they not cared, do they think they are so good they can pick and choose when to play well, or do deep down they hate flip so much and want him fired, they think, hey lets just throw it this year, so joey d can get someone who can coach defense, and would not let the more talented team by far lose 2 of 4 games. Nothing bad about phili they are a good young talented team, very athletic, very hungry and they are playing well, but the pistons are the better team, if you don't know that, I can't help you. All I hope is they get their heads out of their asses long enough to win these next two games and win in 6. In other series I am really happy the mavs are down 3-1 and about to lose to the horents, I did pick the mavs to win, but that is only because I thought between them loosing last year, and NO being young and having basically no playoff experience, they could at least win one series.. nope. The suns won game 4, I don't know why, just to lose game 5 in san antone, why bother, just get swept and go home and play some golf, maybe next year boys. Nash can't guard Tony Parker, and I guess either can bell or anyone else on the suns team.. I must give a shout out to coach d. for getting throw out of a game that he was up 24 points at the time, nice work. I don't see either one of those teams winning game 5 on the road.. Nor do I see the raptors or wiz winning on the road, the raptors I give the most chance out of the 4. The Celtics will win tonight and then finish the series in 5 as well. The rockets are done as well, and the nuggets, well, it has been over for a long time... At least pretend to play defense.
The NFL draft was of course this weekend and I enjoyed it. I only got 8 picks right in the first round, but that was still good enough to beat my friends, and thus give me the number one pick for our fantasy football keeper draft... I think I will go against what I would have done for the last oh 7 or 8 years, and I will take all day AP first instead of LDT.. but we have a long way to go till then, so maybe I will change my mind, but I don't think so. I was happy with my giants draft, I love Phillips, because, well he is a safety from the U, so of course he is good, and then cb Thomas from usc is good, we then also drafted two LB, much needed, so hopefully they will be able to help, and Mario is very talented, and only droped to the third round cause he admitted he smokes weed, but toomer is old, so why not get a new Michigan wide out to replace an old one, and plex isn't that young either, so having smith, moss and super Mario, plus of course sb hero david Tyree, that isn't too bad.. Woodsen was a odd pick to me, we just signed david carr, so we have two number one overall at qb, and what, we will get rid of fat fuck ex ken qb, and add another ex ken qb with a odd throwing motion. I like the guy, I just was not expecting a qb. KC's draft has a lot of people have been talking about was very good. I also liked wash, which scares me, they got some great players in the second round, and they should be solid next year. The cowboys also drafted Jenkins basically to stop the giants, and other teams too, when they spread them out with 3 or 4 wide outs.. All in all it was two great days of the NFL, and of course the only day where all 4 major sports have something going on, a draft, nba and nhl playoffs, and mlb reg. season.. great sports weekend
Also this weekend I saw forgetting Sarah Marshall, I have not seen Harold and kumar yet, but will sometime this week, anyway, I was impressed. I thought it was going to be ok, maybe laugh a few times, but it was really really good. I really liked it, thought it was very funny, and I will be buying it for sure when it comes out. Other then that, I need the tigers to continue to play better, they have some tough series coming up with the yanks and sox, the pistons need to stop messing around and making my heart rate go up, and then I will be fine.. I also want to quick throw out a personal good luck to the guys I know from cmu that signed free agent deals after the draft, I wish them all good luck, and hope they can work hard and maybe make a team, or at least a practice squad. I am looking forward to another good week of sports, got to love spring. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: