Friday, April 11, 2008

the first

I have been thinking about starting a blog for awhile, and after reading some of my sports board buddies dk and mook's I have picked today as the day.. and what a good day to start, we have masters, baseball, nfl draft prep, the nba playoffs getting very close, and someone told me the nhl playoffs is going on, but I can not confirm that for sure.
I will first talk about baseball real quick, being a tigers fan it is safe to say the year has not gotten off to a great start, being 1-8 is tough, especially when you have the 3rd highest pay roll, only one thing gets me threw, the fact that there is 153 games left.. and I relax, things will be fine, granderson will get back, sheff and manny jr, cabera, will get to 100%, poly and pudge's little injuries with backs and wrist will go away, and they will be fine.. the bullpen is something to worry about, until rodney and joel get back, but as long as our offense gets going you liked to think getting 6, like last night in a lost at Boston, or so runs a game should be enough to win most games.
The NFL draft is one of my favorite days of the year, this year is different for a couple reasons, my giants just won the super bowl and are picking last in the 1st round, so I have awhile to wait... but I want to do well on my draft picks since it will determine the draft order of my fantasy football keeper draft with my friends.. so I have started looking at it, and I will continue to do more of it as we move on, but a few things I just think will happen
1) the raiders need to trade down- I don't know if they will, but they should, they have a lot of holes, and lets say, you take mcfadden at 4, that is a whole lot of money in your backfield to guys who have not done anything yet in the nfl. Could he become a great rb, well maybe, but skip bayless is convinced he will, so that almost makes me think he will flop, and I am not sure about jamarcus especially if it turns out he is overweight. I see Dallas throwing 22 and 28 at them, and maybe a 3rd and 5th, to get up to 4 to take mcfadden
2) the saints should trade with the pats, without looking, I think that is only 7 to 10, but that would let the saints get the pass rusher they want, Ellis, I think, and then the pats could still get the cb they want, and pick up another pick
3) The giants now have a window of two years where I will not freak out and be mad at who they picked, but I would love if Dan Conner, the lb from psu, is there the giants pick him up
4) draft day baby.... sports night shout out.. I miss that show

The NBA playoffs should be great, my pistons have the two seed l0cked up, and have for awhile, and the cavs are doing us a big favor being the 4 seed instead of the 3.. I can not put in to words how much I would rather play the magic in rd 2 then the lebrons.. We are looking at a Boston-d-town ecf which I give the pistons in 6 games for a few reason:
1) no matter how bad a coach flip might be, I still think doc is worse.. just look at the sports guy who is a fan, and how much he rips him..also my favorite doc moment, last year pistons down 1 to the Celtics with 2.5 to go, doc chooses to not only not cover the in bounder, but to leave his man by the basket, rip then comes off a double screen, which becomes a triple screen, with the other Boston defender getting in the way, for a easy curl and a wide open game winning shot.. I just feel if the game is close, doc will not know what to do
2) pg battle, yeah rondo is young and getting better, and sam I am, looks like et, and won 2 titles.. which might be the most misused stat ever, he won his 1st 2 years when he was a backup pg, he was not the main player or anything, anyway.. billups will post up both of them if we need him to, plus in the playoffs he will find a way to keep rondo out of the paint
3) expereince- just like in the pg spot, every other spot the pistons have it to, kg, jesus shuttlesworth, pp, have never won anything, they have not been there, the pistons have, to a fault where they get bored and take things for granted sometimes, which I don't like, but w/e.. This year I don't think that will happen, because not a lot of people are talking about them, it is all Boston and how good the west is, lebron, and how good the west is.. that works great for the pistons, I see them winning games 1, 3, 4, and then 6 to win the series, and go on to the finials to play.........
who the heck knows when the seeds are finally I will do my predictions, right now I would say either the spurs or lakers, but all the teams have things about them I don't like.. which reminds me, my next post will be comparing the sec conference in football to the western conference in the nba, but I want to do a little research on it first, and look at some stats


again thanks to mook and dk my blog inspirations....... I would love to hear what people think, just remember, I'm right, and your wrong

2 comments:

Unknown said...

08Learn the proper form of YOU'RE.

Nice post, interesting insights dude, well done.

sman said...

thanks man, I apperciate it