Thursday, April 17, 2008

western conference playoff picks

We did the east yesterday and now that the season is over and the west is set time to do the west

1) Lakers vs 8) Nuggets- Denver can score, and that is about it, I give them no chance of winning this series you have to be able to at least try to play a little defense in the playoffs, and they don't even do that, Lakers in 5
2) NO vs 7) Mavs- As much as I love cp3 and don't like the mavs, I don't think the hornets are ready for a playoff push, and the mavs are more built for the playoffs now anyway, NO was a great story this year but I do not see them making a playoff run, Mavs in 6
3) Spurs vs 6) Suns- wow, give me a second, this should be great, the suns got shaq basically just for this series and it happens in the first round. The suns have played well against the spurs this year, but the spurs know what is really important and that is the playoffs, and they are the champs until someone beats them. I see this going one of two ways, the spurs just are a little too old and a little too slow and they pass the torch to the suns, or the suns put so much in to trying to beat them, they force and don't play well and the spurs show they are still the team to beat, just cause I love shaq and always have, I will say he will find a way to be the difference making one more time, and the suns will win in 7
4) Jazz vs 5) Rockets- even though the 5 seed has home court, that 5 seed is the rockets, who can not make it out of the first round cause they are lead by t mac. I said during their streak it was great, but they still will not make it out of the first round, and now I really believe that, the jazz don't lose at home, they still one on the road, and win in 6. They have a better pg, a better pf, better role players, and a smarter coach, and can play a few different styles. Jazz in 6
1) Lakers vs 4) Jazz- I want to take the Jazz here, I really do, but I just like the way the lakers are playing right now, and kobe is the best player in the NBA, so Lakers in 7
6) Suns vs 7) Mavs- I don't like the mavs enough to pick them twice, and I think the suns will be so jacked up on beating the spurs they will have enough to beat a mavs team who is starting to play better. Suns get in done in 7
1) Lakers vs 6) Suns- Man would the NBA love this series from a marketing standpoint. Oh yeah kobe vs shaq, winning to the nba finials, that would be a ratings dream. As much as I love shaq, kobe is the better player, now, has the better overall team, and the coach who has won more titles then anyone else besides red, who he is tied with. That gives the Lakers the edge to me, plus home court, the Lakers win in 7

In the NBA finals the well rested pistons beat the tired lakers in 6. Ta ta's length can be a problem for Kobe, and when he has to cover rip on defense rip makes him work by running through so many screens, it can tire him out. The pistons beat the lakers in 04 when they had 4 future hall of famers, they can beat them in 08 when they have one, and some roll players.. Should be a wonderful playoff run, and I am really looking forward to it.. I'm right, you're wrong

1 comment:

MookieDC said...

the western conference is almost perfect, although i think hornets-mavs will go to 7 and i haven't decided a winner yet. east, let's just say i'm glad everyone is picking against the wizards.