Thursday, April 16, 2009

NBA Playoff picks

Well it took the entire 82 game season, but all the playoff match ups are set. As far as picking teams I did well in the playoffs, getting 14 out of 16 total. However, seeds, well that is another story.. Here is what I said during my preseason playoff picks

East:

1) Pistons
8) Hawks
4) Heat
5) Magic
3) Cavs
6) 76ers
2) Celtics
7) Raptors

1) Pistons
4) Heat
3) Cavs
2) Celtics

1) Pistons
2) Celtics

1) Pistons



West:

1) Lakers
8) Mavs
4) Jazz
5) Rockets
3) Horents
6) Suns
2) Spurs
7) Blazers

1) Lakers
5) Rockets
3) Horents
7) Blazers

5) Rockets
3) Horents

3) Horents

In the east the Celtics are the two seed, and that is about it. The Heat are in the 4/5 match up at least. In the west the Lakers are the one seed, and the Rockets are the 5, that's it. So now with the actually match ups, here are my playoff picks


East:
1) Cavs vs 8) Pistons- I would love to say that the Pistons find a way to steal either game one or two, then win at home, and win the series in 6, however, what will happen, the Pistons will win game 3, and lose the series in 5.

4) Hawks vs 5) Heat- This should be a great series. I look forward to a long one, but I see the Heat wining in 6

3) Magic vs 6) 76ers- Big win for phili to get up to 6. I do not fear the magic at all, but I really don't know if phili can win a series either, so magic in 7

2) Celtics vs 7) Bulls- The Celtics are looking like they will be without KG for the entire playoffs. That makes it almost impossible for them to repeat, but do they still have enough to win one series. I am not sure, the Bulls are playing better, and this might be the jump they need. Bulls in 6

1) Cavs vs 5 Heat- A NBA dream, Lebron vs D Wade. Getting ready for some foul calls. I see the Cavs just being too much and the Cavs will win this series in 6. D Wade is good for one win, and the officials are good for another

3) Magic vs 7) Bulls- I don't like the Magic, I think I have mentioned this. The Bulls win this series in 6

1) Cavs vs 7) Bulls- The Bulls run ends here as the Cavs win in 5 games and get to the NBA Finals


West:

1) Lakers vs 8) Jazz- the Jazz are great at home, but bad on the road.. ok, Lakers in 7

4) Blazers vs 5) Rockets- Will the Rockets get out of the first round now, with no T mac. I don't know, they are playing a young team with nothing to lose. All the pressure if on the Rockets. I like it. Blazers in 6

3) Spurs vs 6) Mavs- Two old teams, not close to once they once were. I see a good series, home teams win. Spurs in 7

2) Denver vs 7) Horents- CP 3 wins this series by himself. NO in 6

1) Lakers vs 4) Blazers- Lakers in 5

3) Spurs vs 7) Horents- Spurs too old, and they run out of gas, No in 6

1) Lakers vs 7) Horents- I just realized I have both 7 seeds getting to the conference finals.. oh well, time to have fun. Their run ends here, just like the Bulls, Lakers in 5, and the NBA gets the match up they want.


NBA Finals

1) Cavs vs 1) Lakers- Kobe vs Lebron, Lebron vs Kobe. The league would love this to happen. They want a long long 7 game series. I think they get close, but not 7 games, only 6. Lakers in in 6. MVP of the finals- Kobe.. who else.

I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: