Thursday, April 23, 2009

NFL Mock Draft

Yes it is that time again, this Saturday and Sunday is the NFL Draft, and while I admit I have not done as much planing and research on it as I usually do, since I first had to wait to college basketball was over, and now I have AAU basketball, plus spending time with my wife and daughter, but I have finally put one together. Some picks will be the same as Mcksay, others will be the same as Mel's, and others are all me, that is just the way it is. With so many stuff out there right now, everyone hears and reads the same stuff, it is just taking a few chances. Also, throwing in a trade or two, just for fun. So, here it is, my mock draft.


1) Lions- M Stafford qb UGA- I don't think they should, but they will.

2) Rams- Jason Smtih OL Baylor- Just like O Pace was, he will be a stud for them for years.

3) Cheifs- Aaron Curry Lb Wake- This is a easy one here, he should go number one

4) Seahwaks- Eugene Monroe OT Virgina- This is where it gets fun, this could be any of like 5 guys

5) Browns- Brain Orakpo DE/LB Texas- I am rolling the dice a little here, I like Orakpo, I hope they do to. They will get a wide out later.. more to come.

6) Bengals- Michael Crabtre WR T Tech- If they trade Chad Johnson, wr is the pick here for sure, I think even if they don't, they will take him, if he is here.

7) Raids- Jeremy Maclin WR Mizzu- Everything you read says Al Davis likes him the most, so why would they not take him.

8) Jets- Mark Sanchez qb USC- Again, he could go as early as 4, but if he falls to 8the Jags trade out, and I think the Jets trade in.

9) Packers- BJ Raji DT BC- Just a beast

10) 49ers- Andre Smith OL Bama- He is too talented to fall out of the top ten, even with all his problems since his last college game. I like they would have gone a DE, but with smith left, they have to.

11) Bills- Aaron Maybin DE PSU- The Bills thank the 49ers for letting Maybin fall to them

12) Broncos- Robert Ayers DE Tenn- I think they need to draft all defense this year, this is a good start.

13) Redskins- Michael Oher OT Ole Miss- They are another team that has a chance to trade up for Sanchez, if they don't, they stay here and get someone to protect Jason Campbell

14) Saints- Malcolm Jenkins DB OSU- Can't be a shout down corner in the NFL, if you ask me... so they will make him a safety, and he will do fine.

15) Texans- Tyson Jackson DE LSU- I think the Texans would be very happy if Tyson is here at 15, if he is, they take him

16) Chragers- Everette Brown DE FSU- This is a decently deep draft for DE, the Chargers get another good one here

17) Jags- Brain Cushing LB USC- The Jags trade down with the Jets, get some extra picks, and a new starting LB

18) Broncos- Darrius Heywood-Bay- WR Maryland- Even though I think Denver should draft all defense in this draft, I have a feeling they take a big talented wide out here

19) Bucs- Josh Freeman QB KSU- I think this is a reach, but everyone else is saying this will be the pick, so lets go with it

20) Lions- Ray Maulaluga LB USC- This may be more of what I think they should do, and this would make my friends Rob and Chaz very happy, so everyone wins. Knowing them, they go with Hicks or Britt, since they need more WR. Only the Lions

21) Eagles- Knowshon Moreno RB UGA- Again, everyone seems to think this is the pick here, so why go against everyone.

22) Viks- Kenny Britt WR Rutgers- Even with drafting some wide outs early in years past.. hows that working Minn, they still have a need, and Britt may actually be the most NFL ready of the WR in the draft

23) Pats- Perry Jerry DT Ole Miss- A run stuffer, and a save pick for the Pats

24) Falcons- Clay Matthews LB USC- This was Pettigrew, until today with the Tony g trade, now, who knows. Lets go with defense, Clay should help them.

25) Dolphins- Vonte Davis DB ILL- Again, don't think he can be a shout down corner in the NFL, but he could be a great safety.

26) Ravens- Brandon Pettigrew TE OK State- He is too talented not to be taken here. Again, would have been drafted by ATL before the trade

27) Colts- Beanie Wells RB OSU-Raise your hand if you are not sold on B Wells.. oh yeah, get um up there. At 27, too good to pass up, Colts take him.

28) Bills Iben Britton OT Zona- You can never have too many Offensive line man

29) Browns- Percy Harvin WR Fl- This is the Browns pick if my G-men finally cave and give the Browns a 1st rounder for B Edwards. I would like to get him for a 2nd and a 4th, that would be fine, but I will take him for a 1, no WR at 29 would be better then him, that is for sure. Browns take Harvin for the speed and the return game.

30) Titans- Hakeem Nicks WR UNC- Titans are happy to get such a flat out stud at 30. To say I have a small man crush on Mr. Nicks would be correct.

31) Cards- James Laurinaitis LB OSU- I just don't see him falling out of the 1st round, I think he is too good of a football player.. but what the hell do I know

32) Steelers- Larry English DE/LB NIU- So this may be a little bit of a reach, and maybe I am showing too much MAC Love, but He is a pass rushing machine, and would be a great pick here. If not here, he will go early in the second round, and become a good pass rusher for someone.



I'm sad I have to wait till 4pm for the first round, but whatever. We have an AAU tournament so I have 3 games during the day anyway, but of course, I will be watching as much as I can, and really looking forward to it. Draft day.. baby. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: