Monday, April 13, 2009

Tough day

The Tigers lost 10-6, which is not too big of a deal, since they are now back to 500 at 4-4, and really after last year I would be happy with a 500 season, and there is a long way to go, the problem is, they still can't beat the white sox, this is a problem, since they play them 18 or 19 times a year. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. The big problem was tonight when the Bulls beat the Pistons by 3, thanks to the Pistons giving up a one time 11 point lead, and not scoring for the final 3 minutes of the game. What a frustrating year. Even with the trade, and looking forward to the next few years, there is no way anyone would have expected this. After loosing tonight they can now not get the 6th seed, which would have meant the Magic, which is a team they have beaten all 3 times this year, and a team that they have beaten in the playoffs, usually in 5 games, every year for the last 4 or 5 years it seems. I know they have a great record, but in the playoffs, I would not be worried about them at all. Of course now they either have the Celtics, or if they stay at 8, the Cavs. The Cavs will be them no question about it. The Celtics would too, but they have not been playing well of late, so maybe, just maybe, they would have some small chance. I am not giving up on them, not be any means, but it doesn't look good.

I am very excited about our first AAU tournament this weekend in Grand Rapids. Which will also give me a chance to see my sister and brother in law, before they head off to Boston, since she is running in the Boston Marathon this year, and also some of my best friends, Tyler, and his wonderful wife Tara, and hopefully Dave and Dan as well. First tournaments are always a adventure, because even though I have been happy with the practices thus far, and we have one tomorrow and one Thursday, you still never know how your kids will come out. I think we can have a successful spring season though.

It is also time for me to start working on the NFL draft, and I will have a mock draft by the weekend I think. Since that will be only one week till the draft. Even though we do have a tournament that weekend as well, so I will not be able to lay on the coach all day, I am looking forward to the draft, and following it as closely as I can.


I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: