Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I guess I like the Tigers more then I thought

I normally think of baseball as something to watch during the summer before football and basketball starts. But since I have been watching almost every Tiger game for the last few years, I am definitely taking last night's loss hard. Having a 7 run lead in September you feel good about it, but the Twins go 17-4 in their last 21 and the Tigers play well under 500 to set up a one game play in at the dome. Even though the Tigers could have won on Thursday at home against the Twins, and clinched and not have to worry about any of this, but oh well. There was so many chances in that game, runners on 1st and 3rd one out, don't score, bases loaded one out, don't score, just time and time again. Rayburn dives to try to make a catch that becomes a triple instead of just a single, just over and over again. I just had nothing left. when the game was over, I just feel to the floor, I had nothing left, I got up, drank a beer real quick, did a shot over the phone with my buddy Dan, had another beer, and went to bed. I was a beaten man. I am sure there was a lot of great moments for the Tigers this season, but right now I am having trouble remember any of them. It would have been better if they just lost 10-0 last night, or maybe even lose 100 games and never have a chance. There are a lot of questions moving forward, but those will be answered in time. Now I can just take a few steps back, enjoy the fact that the Tigers were in first for most of the year and played exciting meaningful games in the fall, got us to football, hockey, and basketball is right around the corner, so I guess the Tigers did their job. I am not done being a Tiger fan, and next year I will be back thinking positive that the Tigers can win the division. Rick pitched well, and if we can lock up Jackson, having Verlander, Jackson and Rick is a great start to your rotation. All is not lost, it is just tough right now, and for the next few days. The Wings could help if they beat the Blackhawks tomorrow, and I will feel much better if my Chippewas win on Saturday, the heeling process will begin. If you want to read my tweets during the game, you can check them out on www.twitter.com/sman. I will share the best text I got last night from the many I got from my friends. The award goes to my friend Dan who texted me this gem after Cabera's homer.
"I hope he didn't hit his wife as hard as he hit that."
I laughed for a good long time.. for the record by no means do I condone any violence towards women, so I hope that isn't a problem for him. But way to get hammered and go 0 for 11 in the biggest weekend of the year, way to earn your money Cabera. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: