Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yeah Basketball... NBA picks

Basketball is back, the NBA starts tonight, which means it is time for my preseason picks.


East:

1) Boston- I like their moves, and KG will be healthy enough to have a good year, they know their window is closing, and their time is now or never.

2) Cavs- Lebron is still Lebron, but Shaq is not Shaq anymore, plus their biggest problem, defending the pick and roll, just got bigger, and slower

3) Magic- Dwight Howard... that's it, moving on

4) Heat- D Wade, he will be enough, plus a not so tough division

5) Hawks- I still like this team, will they actually get over the hump and win a playoff series, and make a run?

6) Pistons- Maybe a little kool aid being drank by me, but I think they still have enough to make the playoffs in the east, and without the AI distraction they can improve on last year

7) Wizards- here's hoping agent 0 doesn't get hurt, if he does, I like the Raptors to take this spot

8) Bulls- I think they have enough to make the playoffs again, D Rose should be better, and they could even be in that 6-7 range.

Celtics-Bulls- Celtics in 5

Cavs-Wizards- Cavs in 5

Magic-Pistons- ok, so the pistons are always good against the Magic, so why stop now, again, maybe a little kool aid, but Pistons in 6

Heat-Hawks- I like the Heat to get the Hawks back in another great series, Heat in 7

Celtics-Heat- Celtics in 6

Cavs-Pistons- Cavs are too good even for me to pick my pistons, Cavs in 5

Celtics-Cavs- Celtics in 6. Cavs weakness on defense will show, on the pick n roll, and pick and pops, sheed and kg hitting mid range shots to deaf, with shaq not coming out on them.


West:

1) Lakers- really do I need to say anything else

2) Spurs- Man they should be very good as well

3) Jazz- Here is where it gets fun, after the top two, there is about 10 teams you can make a case for, I will pick the Jazz here

4) Horents- CP3 will lead them to the 4 seed

5) Blazers- I think they will still be solid enough to make it to the 4/5 matchup

6) Denver- A small drop off, but they still will be a very good team

7) Mavs- I really don't like them, but they have enough to make the playoffs I think, since the Rockets will not without Yao, and I just don't know about the Suns.

8) Clippers/Griz- yeah I went there, this is my sleeper. The Clippers shouldn't suck, with b diddy, gordon, thorton, camby, kaman, and then griffen once he gets back, and the griz with ai, rugy gay, oj mayo and co, they can score, and I think it is their time to take the next step and make the playoffs. The Suns are too old, the rockets have no Yao, and I feel like taking a chance.


Lakers-Clippers/griz-Lakers in 4

Spurs-Mavs- Spurs in 5

Jazz-Denver- this should be a good one, Jazz find a way, Jazz in 7

Horent-Blazers-This should be a great series. I like the Blazers to win this in 7

Lakers-Blazers- Lakers in 5

Spurs-Jazz- Spurs in 5

Lakers-Spurs- This should be a great series, in my mind their are 4 teams clearly better then the rest in the NBA, and they will all make it to the conference finals. Lakers find a way to win in 7, as the Spurs give it all they have


Finals

Lakers-Celtics- It's what the NBA wants, and they will get it.. Lakers will repeat, and win in 6

MVP: Kobe
Rookie of the Year: James Harden
Def Player of the Year: Dwight Howard
Most Improved: Kevin love

I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: