Friday, July 9, 2010

Can we play basketball now?

Now that the soap opera is over, or is it just beginning can we move on to playing basketball and talking basketball again and not what guys in their mid 20's are going to do. I am just so glad all the hype is over, about where Lebron will play, now we just have to listen to all the hype about how great the heat will be. Well guess what, they have 7 guys on their team right now, including 3 2nd round rookies, they have a long way to go. Of course they have two of the top 5 players in the NBA, and then a top 5 post player in Bosh, but you need more then that. I already have a bet with someone that anyone but the Heat will win the title, and I feel good about it. The Lakers, Celtics, Magic, and maybe even the Bulls are still a better TEAM and depending on what the spurs and mavs do, they could be good to. Lebron could very well run the point and just get d wade and bosh the ball and lead the league in ast, but I really think Wade is better with the ball in his hands. He is great at attacking the basket, he isn't really a catch and shoot player, or runs off screens. So time will tell how this works out, I don't think it is just in the bag that they will win the next few titles. Right now with who is on their team, they will not win any, but I am sure they are not done.

I'm glad Lebron raised money for a boys and girls club and I'm glad that guys actually care about winning and take less money to play with guys that are friends, and who they think will help them win, but I really believe they knew what they were doing the entire time, and could have told us all of this at 12:01am on July 1st. They knew what they were doing, they have this documentary coming out of their free agent experience or whatever and it was all for that. I just can't wait for the season to start.

I will say the way Dan Gilbert riped Lebron is very unprofessional for someone in his position to do, funny, but unprofessional. Also all the people in Ohio burning their Lebron jerseys is really funny. Those people do know that they were nothing before he came right, and he at least brought them some success, basically by himself. I would be thankful for the time he gave, and mad at your management for never giving him the right pieces.. at least they tried though. It's funny the Lakers will now be loved more, and the Heat will be the new heels of the NBA. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: