Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th weekend 2010- two lakes two 2year olds and 16 stitches

Good to see the Tigers playing well, taking two out of 3 from SEA, and the first game from the O's, with game two tonight, on to a quick recap of the weekend


Saturday July 3rd:

10:35am- Head to my wife's grandparents house to play with our niece Ella, and see her brother Carter.

11am-Off to Higgins Lake

11:40am-Stop at BK for lunch

12:50pm-Arrive at Higgins

1pm-In the Lake

1:10-8pm-Playing in the water, having fun with my daughter and niece, they got along great, most of the time, enjoying a great day, had a nice dinner.

8pm-Start trying to get Hailey to bed

10pm-she is still awake and the fire works start

11:05pm- the fire works are done and she finally starts to rest, and falls a sleep

Sunday July 4th:

4:20am- she wakes up to join us in bed

8am-she wakes up, a lay in bed for a bit

8:15am-I take my mourning dip in the lake, my bath

8:30am-watching kid shows with the girls

9am- I call over to my friends at Wixom lake to see if they are up yet, they are not, and I wake up Shell's mom

9:45am-They call me back and let me know enough people are staying and they are going out on the boat at 11am

10am- I leave Higgins to head to Wixom to see some of my friends

11:10am- I get to Wixom lake

noon- We finally get the boat loaded up and head out to the sand bar

noon 20-6pm-Nice time out on the water, had a few daddy pops, and just relaxed and had fun with my friends

6:20pm- Head back to Higgins lake

7:30pm- Get back to Higgins lake

7:45pm- go out swimming in the lake with my girls

8:30pm-Play a game of euchre and win

10pm-Fire works start again

10:40pm-The dog is not liking them, keeping up the girls, steph yells at him, he bits her hand, she takes him outside, he gets off his collar, she tries to put it back on him, and he bits her nose, she is bleeding, a lot. We got to the ER in Grayland

11pm-We get to the ER, Steph makes me go back to the cottage to check on Hailey and pick up her book and a sweatshirt

11:40pm-Hailey is sleeping, I pick up what I needed, and got back to the ER

midnight- The chairs in the kids waiting room is really really comfy, we are watching behind the music J lo, waiting

1am-still waiting

2am-Are now back in a room, chairs not as nice, but still waiting

3am-still waiting

4am-still waiting

4:15am- The dr comes in, and looks at steph's nose, she needs stitches

4:45pm- 16 stiches later we are ready to go

5:10am-Back at the cottage time for some sleep

7:20am-Hailey wakes up, Steph gets up first

8:30am- I get up

8:45am-Steph goes back to sleep I watch Hailey

9:10am-We go swimming

10:10amish- Steph wakes up and takes over as I go back to sleep

noon 20ish- I get up and have lunch, happy I was able to get a few hrs of sleep

1pm-Back out on the water for a little bit

1:30pm-We leave Higgins to head back home to Alma

2:03pm-Were making good time until the traffic started getting bad. Sitting in a traffic jam, raining on and off, Hailey is sleeping in the back, and Steph is sad that she is going to have to give up Austin, the dog.

2:45pmish-Stop to get some food

3:10pmish- Get back home to Alma.

Rest of the day: I watched the rest of the Tigers game, got unpacked, got some things cleaned up, we had dinner, Hailey took a bath, I got her to bed a little before 8pm, we watched part of a movie, Steph feel asleep, Hailey woke up for a few minutes, I rocked her back to sleep around 10:30pmish, and I went to bed, and sleep till 8am or so when she woke up.

It was a long weekend, and a hard weekend. Giving up the dog will be tough because my wife and daughter love him very much. I came around a little, after not liking him at all at first, one he didn't like me, and always tried to step on my balls, which I didn't care for, and two he wasn't my dog, he was my wife's from her first marriage so I never really felt like he was mine. But he did become a part of the family, and I will miss him, I think. We just can't risk him doing it again, and worse to Hailey, or the kid we have on the way, November 29th, he really is a great dog most of the time, I just hope we find a place for him so we don't have to put him down, our first choice is Steph's ex taking him back, we shall see. Hopefully my wife's nose will heel but she is beautiful anyway. Another July 4th done.. back to sports on my next post. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: