Thursday, July 29, 2010

They did their jobs

The Tigers have so many injuries and are basically putting out a triple A team with Manny Jr and Damon right now, and are quickly falling out of the race. I really wish they could make a run, but they just can't do it this year, too many injuries and they have too much ground to make up now. But I am happy, because they did what they need to do. I never watched baseball growing up, I hated it, and though I have gotten in to it now and I do like it, lets be honest, baseball has one job in today's sports world, to get us from the end of basketball to the start of football. That's all. Baseball is not the national pastime, it's the national rest time, the national bridge of sports time. Don't get me wrong, it is still fun to go to a baseball game and have a few cold ones and a couple hot dogs and enjoy yourself. But who has time to watch 4hrs worth of baseball ever night for 162 games? I will tell you who, retired people and me during the summer of 2006, when I graduated college and had no wife/girlfriend no kids and not a real job. I like the Tigers a lot and I wish they would win the division this year, but they just can't. I hope they can next year. But this year was not a waste, they did what they had to do. They kept in it long enough for football training camps to start. So thank you Tigers.

So now the only reason I have to follow baseball is for my fantasy league, which is a good enough reason anyway. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: