Monday, July 14, 2008

First half recap

Before I get in to the baseball I must say how happy I am Billy Packer will no longer be on CBS, thank god. I am not a fan of his at all, and this is long long over due. Clark Kellogg will be replacing him, which should be interesting, having him going from the studio to color, and I would prefer Gus Jonson, but Kellogg is good, and I would much rather have him then Billy Packer, so this is a great day. 34 years is way to much, by Billy, please go away.

Ok moving on to baseball. On August 30, 2008 I did the following predictions for the baseball season:

AL:
west- Angles tigers over angles MVP: Manny Jr
east- Bo sox sox over the tribe Cy Young- Verlander
central- tigers tigers over bo sox RC: C Buckholtz
wild card- tribe

NL:
west- LAD cubs over phills MVP: R Howard
east- mets mets over LAD CY young- Santana
central- cubs cubs over mets RC: H Bailey
wild card- phills

so as you can see, some of my predictions are ok, others, well, need some work. Manny jr is hitting 284, with 16 hr, and 57 rbi's, not even close to being in the MVP talk. Since first half AL MVP: J Hamilton, which is not only having a great year, but is a great story. As far as Cy young, since Verlander us 7-9 with a era over 4, um, yeah, not him. Right now I would have to give it to Dice K, I mean a 10-1 record would do that, though I know there are others, 10-1 is a nice first half. For Rookie of the year in the AL, Buckholtz has been up and down, and is only 2-4 with a 5.70 era, so not him. As far as teams, my wild card, tribe, nope, not happening. The Tigers still have a chance, yeah they are 7 games back, but being a fan, I am keeping up the faith. In the east the bo sox are back on top in the east, be it by a half game, but I see the rays being a nice story, but going away, and the red sox should win that easy. The Angles are also on top of the west, and I do feel good about them doing that. For the second half.. I will keep faith, and have the Tigers win the wild card, the white sox win the central, the angles win the west, and then red sox win the east.

As for the NL the Dogers are only a game back, so I have faith in that. The Mets are only a half game back, and I feel good with them and the phils both making the playoffs. The brew crew is coming on, but I think the Cubs can hold on. SO my NL predictions are looking ok. Minus the individual awards. MVP, Howard does have 28 hr, and 84 rbi, but is only hitting 234, so yeah, not him. IN fact right now, I would have H Ramiez, has over 20 hr and 20 sb already, the only problem, he plays in FL. but the fact that they are still in it, for power to him. As for the cy young, Santana is 8-7 with a 4.84 era and has not done what most thought he could do in the NL, and I was one of those people, so for the NL cy young right now might have to be Tim Lincecum with his 11-2 record, and a 2.57 era. The giants do suck, but Lincecum might deserve it. As for rookie of the year in the NL, my pick, was just called up, so Homer is not getting it. So take your pick. So my NL team predictions, I will stick with, the mets will win the east, cubs the central, LAD the west, and the phils win the wild card.

But it should be a good second half of the year. One final predictions, to keep up with the story I have J Hamilton winning the HR derby tonight, and the AL will win the All Star game, for I think the 11th year in a row now, I will go with 8-5. So it should be a fun rest of the summer, at least enough to get me through until college and pro football starts. Of course NCAA 09 coming out tomorrow, which will help a lot. God bless EA Sports. I'm right, you're wrong

1 comment:

sman said...

first, the predictions I made were on march 30, 08, second, santana has a 2.84 era, not a 4.84, and well you all know I spelled angels wrong