Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Why baseball is fun... but also sucks.. reason #43

Just so everyone is not confused, there is not blogs of 1-42, at this point, I really just threw out a random number, and maybe as more come to me, I will continue to do this.

anyway, so last night my beloved Tigers scored 19 runs against KC. And won 19-4 at KC, in the first of a 3 game set. Now of course, that doesn't suck, the fact they scored 11 runs in the first 6 games against KC does, and the fact that you just know tonight they are going to lose 2-1, or 3-2 or something like that. I know it is going to happen. You almost wish baseball had like a extra point for a series win. Like in a bowling league, you can win games 1, 2, 3, and then win the series. So even if you win the first game by 85 pins, and then lose the last two by 5 each, you still win the series. So lets say, if by chance KC wins tonight 2-1, and tomorrow afternoon, 4-3, the series total would still be 23-10 Tigers, even though they only won one game. I mean you drop two out of three but outscore a team by 13. I am sure it has happened before. I hope it doesn't happen to the Tigers, but I do have one of those feelings tonight they will lose the game 2-1. I hope I am wrong. I really really do.

For the record, I know nothing like this will ever happen in baseball, where you get an extra point for most runs in a series or anything... But it is interesting, and it would make for teams to keep adding on runs when they could, and a team who was down a lot to not give up at bats and try to get anything they could. Which I have to hand it to KC, they scored all 4 of their runs in the bottom of the 8th, after the tigers put up 10 in the top of the 8th. Other then that.. Football is getting closer by the day, and I am happy.... Oh the ESPY'S. I love JT, I am sorry, I do, he is funny, I know it wasn't him, he had good writers, but that was some good stuff..... my grandma can shoot free throws... I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: