Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th weekend

I normally only write about sports, but with a week that saw my daughter baptised, I went to two funerals, being a Paul barrier in one of them, saw me bowl a 201 during my Wednesday night league, and had the 4th of July, what better then a weekend write up, timeline style.

Thursday:

7pm- the car is all packed and the fam, my finance, daughter, and dog, leave for Higgins Lake
7:02pm- stop for gas
7:30pm- stop for food in Claire
8:15pm- arrive at Higgins lake
8:30pm- I am swimming in Higgins lake
9-11pm- getting Hailey, my daughter, to sleep
11-11:20pm- drinking beer on the dock with Stephanie, my finance.
11:30pm- time for bed

Friday:

6:10am- Hailey thinks it is time to wake up
6:20am- I convince her it isn't, she goes back to bed, as do I
7:45am- no more false alarms she is up for good
8:30am- mourning swim in Higgins, or as I called it.. my bath
9-9:50am- getting ready to leave to go to my friend's Shelley's cottage
10am- want to leave by now
10:22am- we leave
10:24am- we stop to go back, we forget the beer
10:27- back to steph's grandparents at Higgins to get the beer
10:30am- we leave
10:35am- stop at gas station to get snacks for the day
11:59am- get to shell's
noon- beer number one is open
noon 20: second beer is open
1pm- leave out of the boat to the sand bar
1:05pm- get to the sand bar.. party is in full swing, people everyone drinking, laying around, having a great time
1:15pm- first jello shot of the day
1:20pm- first trip to the "deep end" to pee
1:30pm- second jello shot of the day
1:40pm- throw around the football a little with potta, kurt, and brem
1:50pm- second trip to "deep end"
2:00-4:00pm- several more beers, jello shots, and trips to the deep end, with some laying around and talking to people mixed in
4:00pm- asked by people we don't know who are close to us if we want in on a beer pong tournament... I do
4:30pm- me and kurt play our first round game, beat the defending champs, I make 7 out of our 10 cups... much rejoicing.. defending champs pissed, tell us, now we have to win. We get a bye to the semi finials
5:00pm- everyone we came with getting ready to leave
5:27pm- we start our semi final beer pong match
5:30pm- everyone we came with leaves.... me and kurt stay, the conversation goes something like this;
kurt: did they just leave
me: yeah it looks like it, we will just be on the next trip back
kurt: they said there is only one
me: oh, well lets win first, we will worry how to get back later
5:45pm- everyone is back at shell's... me and kurt win our semi final match
6:00pm- everyone at shell's is eating, me and kurt are waiting to see who we play in the finals
6:20pm- the finals of the beer pong tournament with the people we don't know is starting
6:40pm or so- we win, thanks to me being clutch and making every big shot, including the clinching shots each game.. I am voted mvp... I am happy, I drink another beer to celebrate.. we start to ask how we are getting home.. people say they will take us.. very nice losers
6:45pm- boat battery is dead, the pontoon is now getting pulled behind another boat.. we play pass back with a bottle of Merlot cause that is all that was left on the boat to drink
7pm- we get back to their house, it is close to where some people I know leave, but not too close to shell's cottage..... everyone still back at shell's, don't know where we are, some might be worried, steph is getting mad, thinking there is no chance we will leave by 8pm, like she wants too.
7:05pm- we are giving another beer and told someone will give us a ride back to where we were staying in the golf cart... great, we drink ours beers and go back home
7:20pm- we finally get back to shell's, the guy who drove us, comes in so we can give him a shot of weed, Jeremiah weed whiskey, if you never had it, I can't explain it to you.
7:30pm- quickly have dinner, why I say sorry to steph for leaving, and tell my friends what fun I had.. and how we were victorious in the beer pong tournament. They don't seem to care too much.
7:51pm- we leave shell's... with 9 minutes to spare.. I am good
7:55pm- stop to make sure we didn't leave anything... I find I left my single use camera... we keep going
8:31pm- we stop to change a Poppy diaper.. and by we, I mean me
8:33pm- back on the road
9pm- back to Higgins lake
10:00pm- Hailey is sleeping, I am happy
10-11:30pm- outside again drinking on the dock, more beer for me, steph actually had some rum and coke.. I was so proud of her. We were talking to some people she has known for a long time up there, very nice, and watching fire works.. Some people put on some really nice fireworks.
11:30am- I have a glass of water, with high hopes for a hangover free mourning

Saturday:

12:50am- Hailey wants to wake up for awhile, I don't
7:10am- Hailey wakes up, it is the weekend, which means it is moma's turn, I sleep
8:59- Hailey down for her nap, steph rejoins me in bed
10am- I get up to let Austin, the dog, out
10:45am- Hailey up from her nap, time for me to be up as well.. I feel good.. that glass of water must have helped
Noon- In Higgins for a swim
1pm- we attempt to get Steph's grandparents boat out, it is more then 30 years old
1:05pm- we find out the battery is dead
1:15pm- Lunch
2pm- swim in Higgins with steph, she thinks it is cold, so it takes us a while to get out there
2:05pm- we get out to the "deeper" part
2:06pm- she wants to snorkel
2:07pm- I go back in to get the snorkels
2:25pm- we are done, and back in.
2:30- I make a sand castle, I don't really know why
3pm- we lay out and I have my first beer of the day
5pm- we have dinner
6pm- the battery is charged and me and steph take a after dinner boat ride while her grandparents watch Hailey, I take a beer, while she has a glass of wine, she is very classy.
7:52pm- we leave Higgins to head back home.. I really want to have sex
9:05pm- we get home
9:06pm- realize we forget Austin's dog food back at Higgins
9:18pm- Hailey's bath
10:30pm- she goes to sleep.. that means fun time for me
10:50pm- I finally get to have sex, after not having it since Wednesday night.. I am happy
11:05pm- time for bed

Today was just church, get Hailey down for a nap, so I can nap, and now I am drinking a beer, watching the Tigers. Who need to win, and the sox and twins need to start loosing. That is all. I hope you enjoyed, if you just read that, let me know what you thought. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: