Monday, July 28, 2008

fantasy football preview

I am very happy that football is starting soon, as I know many of you are. Especially because of the 4 baseball leagues I am in, I am in first in one, last in another, and then lower third in the other two, plus I had a very very bad fantasy football year last year, and I am looking to make up for it. So I am pumped for this year, not that it will be much different, but you never know. The biggest problem I have in fantasy is sometimes I think with my heart and not my head, which is bad, you shouldn't do it, but I do it anyway, as you will find in my top ten list for fantasy positions, I am a Giants fan, so don't look for T.O. westbook, romo, mcnab, or barber, because you will not find them... anyway.... my fantasy top ten: with espn top 100 in ()

RB:
1) A Peterson (2)- I want to say sorry to LDT, I love you, the only reason I will put Ad one, of all the leagues I am in so far, three of them, they are all keepers, with two of them drafting for the first time this year, as keepers, and in both of those I want Peterson, in one I have the number one pick, because I won the mock draft competition, and I am going to take Peterson number one. I love LDT, and it will hurt me to do it, but in a keeper league it is just smarter
2) LDT (1)- you can't go wrong, he is great
3) Addai (4)- I am a fan oh his, even though 3 is too high, I will not put westbook on my list, so here you go
4)Jackson (5)- a semi risk, but I look for a great bounce back year for him
5) Portis (8)- he and s moss are the only redskins I have ever liked, it's all about the U.
6) Lynch (9)- not big on him, but he is solid
7) Mcgahee (13)- again, it's all about the U
8) M. J. Drew (20)- I like him on my team, I see big things for him, and the Jags this year, like his versatility
9) J Lewis (19)- I actually just switched him and jones drew, I am one of those who have not jumped on the browns bang wagon, and expect them to come back to earth this year... note, which is also why d anderson and b edwards will not be on my list
10) B Jacobs (25)- ok, so I am a Giants homer, leave me alone. He's the man

QB:
1) Brady (6)- do I really need to say anything
2) Manning (14)- again, come on.. and you know which one it is
3) Brees (30)- here is where you want to be in fantasy, get a top two rb, LDT or AD AP, and get brady or manning, cause then it is big question marks and a big drop off, I do think brees will have a nice year however
4)Palmer 38)- he hates osu, so do I.. that's enough for me
5) Big Ben (34)- not in love with him as much as some, but he is solid
6)eli (85)- as long as we have playoff eli, he should be a top 20 pick, if we have most of the season eli, watch out
7) Shaub (84)- how much you think ATl wish they didn't trade him right now
8) Garrad (95)- Again big things for the Jags
9) Rivers (na)- big question marks, I like him more then most
10) Cutler (60)- I think epsn has him ranked too high, but I will put him here, we shall see

WR:
1) R Moss (10)- I shouldn't need to tell you why
2) Wayne (18)- Always been a big fan, again... it is all about the U
3) A Johnson (22)- did I mention I like a lot of players who came from the U
4) L Fitzgerald (23)- stay healthy please
5) Burress (33)- yes my Giant homer is coming though again, to make it worse, plex went to msu, and I have been cheering for him since college
6) Wes (40)- might not have the same year as last year, but still good
6) S Moss (75)- I don't know if you know this... but it's all about the U
7) A Gonzalez (na)- with marvin not 100% look for better numbers from gonzo and him to have a good year
9) Bowe (67)- I hate to put him this high, as good as he is... he plays in KC
10)Boldin (51)- great player, I just want larry to get more catches

TE:
1) Gates (42)- Clear cut number one, we will see if his numbers will back it up
2) Clark (63)- A safer pick then.....
3) Winslow (52)- I hear he is a F ing solder
4)Cooley (70)- Usually a safe pick
5) Miller (78)- Big target for big ben
6) Heap (76)- Still going strong
7) Shockey (na)- here is the thing, I always loved him, and even though he is not on my Giants anymore, I expect a big year from him
8) Davis (90)- Still waiting for his big breakout year
9) Watson (na)- Pats will still be good, he is still a good pick
10) Daniels (na)- I like him better then any of the other TE's left, besides Witton, but we know I will not put a cowboy on my list.

D/ST:
1) Giants- Homer
2) Super Chagers- I know I am surprised by me too
3) Colts- can't go wrong
4) Bears- it's the only good part of their team
5) Pats- they are solid
6) Steelers- I like their D
7) Viks- Not a big fan, so I really don't know why
8) Jags- Expect big things from them
9) Bucks- still a good defense
10) Ravens- Yeah they are old, still top ten

K:
oh who cares.. draft them last, what ever...

You may have noticed besides cowboys and engles, there wasn't Tony G, or Larry Johnson, both are great players, but in KC, and getting older, and I don't trust them, basically my fantasy rules are:
1) get guys you don't mind cheering for
2) No cowboys
3) No engles
4) kickers last
5) Have at least two Giants
6) Talk trash even if your team sucks
7) Nobody from KC
8) RB over 32- pass or think really hard
9) Have your bye weeks in mind when drafting, i.e. know each teams bye week, and don't have all rb's and qb with the same bye week
10) try to win

I am really looking forward to football season, I think I will keep updating how my teams are doing, and even give out my team, once I have each draft, so everyone can mock me, when they suck. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: