Wednesday, July 2, 2008

some worries that I have

with inter league play over the Tigers have made up some ground by now comes the games that matter. Lots of games in the central and no more easy NL teams to beat up on. That is problem one, problem two, injuries, mags, manny jr, inge, bondo for the year, just got to keep plugging through, third the white sox are playing really well right now, that will make it harder to catch them, and four, to catch them we first need to catch the twins, who just won 2 of 3 from us at the dome. Depending on what the sox and tribe do tonight the tigers will be either 6 and a half, or back to a full 7 games back after tonight. Now the good thing with playing more teams from the central, if you win, you can make up more ground in a hurry, of course you need to win, a 5 or 6 game league could be down to 2 or 3 in a weekend. Of course that same lead could be up to 8 or 9 games as well, So the question remains with all those players, and with all that being said, do I still think the tigers can make the playoffs? Well of course I do, but manly because I am a fan, and with still some 77 games or so to go, if I already admitted it was over, what I would do for the rest of the year until football started. So I believe they will turn it around, get back to playing like they were last week, cause it was against easy NL teams, and they can still catch the sox. I am also planning on the sox to go on a long 8 game or so loosing streak, and the Tigers will just have to go on a nice 10 game winning streak.. there, that's not too hard, I feel better already.
Real quick, at least I will try to do it quick. Osi is getting a lot of slack for what he said about brady and tiger being up for best athlete in the epsy's. Mentioning how he can run faster then brady, and we all know he is stronger and things like that, and also a golfer should never win best athlete. Now tiger is not your average golfer, he is in great shape, and I would even say he is a good athlete, since I bet you could do a lot of other things well, but he is not the best athlete in the world. Brady isn't even close, the best qb in the nfl, sure, but the best athlete, nope. When I think best athlete I think a guy who is good at everyone, can do many things well, run, jump, is strong. Those people you hate cause they can just pick up any sport and do well in it. Those are great athletes. Some might wonder if it wasn't a member of my favorite team would I still stick up for him like this, I would like to think yes, cause I really do see great athletes as people who can do many things well, not just one thing great, but you never know, maybe I would let it go, if a member of the cowboys or skins said yet.

Non sports related I am really looking forward to this weekend. the 4th is always fun, manly cause it involves being on the water, and drinking a lot, two great things... on a sad note, even though he most likely will not read this. I am very said my old college rm who I lived with for two years, drew, his father passed away early Tuesday mourning from cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire kotowski family, and mr kotowski will be deeply missed. He was a great man, very funny, and just a great friends dad to have. RIP.... I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: