Monday, January 5, 2009

Divisional playoff picks, and weekend college bball wrap up

Well I went 3-1, damn Colts in OT. But I am a little worried about Phili, like I said in my last NFL post, I would much rather have the Cards come east in the cold and snow and play my G-men then Phili right now. But I have faith, but it should be a good game, anyway, lets get to it. My Monday quick first look NFL playoff picks of the week.


Arz at Car- This is a better match up for the Cards, but I don't know how much warmer it will be in Carolina, this does have a chance to be more of a shoot out and offensive game, which favors the cards. But with the running game and defense of the Panters, and them being at home, I am having a hard time picking against them. So Panters win 24-20

Bal at Tenn- Should be a great defensive hard nose old school playoff football game. I like the home team, but the Ravens D is just playing so good right now, I don't know if I want to pick the Titans. They have a good running game, and their defense is good too, but just for fun, I am taking the Ravens to upset them 17-14

SD at Pitt- Lets hope this time every touchdown the Steelers score counts. I like the way the chargers are playing right now, and I do like LDT, but he is not even close to 100%, if he even plays, Darren is a good backup, but I think the Steelers will be ready to go. They have a sickly good defense and a good enough offense to win, Pit win 21-14

Phili at NYG- So the big one, well for me at least. If the Giants win this game, they will win the super bowl, I am just saying that now. The eagles are playing very well right now, and has really turned it around, since beating my Giants in the Meadow lands. But now it is time for some payback. The Giants will be rested and ready to go, and ready to defend home field. There are some that say the Eagles look a little like the Giants of last year, and can come from no where to make that super bowl run, but I still see too many holes. Jacobs and Ward run the ball, and then run some more, sets up play action, Hixon gets a long TD catch, and the Giants win 21-17


In other news, UNC lost last night to BC, at home. It is somewhat surprising they lost at home, but I have been saying this entire year, even though they are sick, and no question are the favorites to win it all, and still are. It is too hard to go undefeated for an entire year in college basketball. I also said they would not lose a big game that they were up for, it would be a conference game that they may over look, like a Maryland or someone like that.... well, your welcome, BC would fall in that line. The polls will be a lot different today, since Uconn lost as well, as did OK. Speaking of polls, I quickly wrote down the polls last week, the Monday before conference season starts, because I am looking forward to seeing how much it changes to the poll right before the big dance, and then I will look at it again, after, when the final poll is out. Just another thing to do, to see how teams records and rankings are different before conference season, before the big dance, and after the season.

Tonight in your nightly big east top 25 match up, ND looks to rebound from a big upset loss to st. john's when they play G-town at home, should be a good one. Both teams are coming off of losses, so I look for it to be a very good game, I will give the edge to ND, since they are at home, and Pitt showed everyone G-town's problem on Saturday, their starting 5 is very good, but they have no bench, and they can be worn down. Pitt should be the new number one with Duke 2, and Wake 3.

In the big ten, it is going to be a great race, I am glad I live where I do, and we get the big ten network, so I was able to watch at least a part of every big ten team's opener. MSU has a advantage right now because they are 2-0 with both wins coming on the road. Be it Min, who was undefeated, and Northwestern. Ill gets a big win at Purdue then losses to Uofm, Michigan losses to Wisconsin in their first game at home, OSU losses to Min, and now goes on the road to MSU on Tuesday. Besides IU, who is so bad, if they win one game in conference it will be a surprise, and Iowa, who only beat IU by 5 at home, PSU and Northwestern are much improved and are not easy wins, and then MSU, Purdue, Wis, Ill, Min, Uofm, and OSU, if they can rebound with Lightly being hurt, will all be tough teams and there are no easy wins. You have to win at home, and steal a few wins away from home to have a chance at wining the big ten title this year. This is a very good basketball conference this year, and it will be fun to watch. Not as good as the big east, and not as good as the ACC, at the top, but better overall then the ACC, and very very deep. PAC ten also have started off a little wired with ASU loosing, zona being 0-2, they are in big trouble already for not making the big dance, they are going to need some big wins, and USC lost in OT. Besides UCLA and ASU, who both will be fine, I don't know who else will get in, right now, from the PAC 10, we shall see.

Basketball conference season is here, NFL playoffs are in full swing, and the Pistons finally won a game on Sunday, 7 overall people, they are starting to play a little better, and the cavs and Celtics both lost too, what a great day. I'm right, you're wrong.

1 comment:

Matt Platek said...

wow... the Pac-10 is gonna be a dogfight this year at the top. Any one of a number of teams could make a run at the title. And the Big 10... they're gonna beat each other to a pulp. I can't wait!