Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some Saturday thoughts

First, my Chippewas just beat NIU on the road by 13, and the MAC is just like every other conference, road wins are hard to come by. Great win for the chips, I hope this continues as the season goes on. The MAC is wide open, it is a one bid league, for sure, so wining the mac tourney is all that matters, but it is nice to get some confidence.

Kay Yow- A very said day as coach Yow lost her 21 year battle with cancer today and past away at 66. She was a great coach, and from everything I hear, a better person. Over 700 wins, plus two gold medals, in 84 and 88, one as head coach. She battled for a long time, and I don't know anyone who doesn't know someone who has been touched by that disease. I can only hope someday, we can find a cure. Don't give up, don't ever give up.

In tonight's addition of top 15 big east teams playing ND puts their nation long 45 game win streak at home on the line vs Uconn. I think that Uconn is the better team, and has more talent. I actually don't think anyone would disagree with that, but I like ND at home, and I think they will be ready to go. I like ND to win 75-71. Either way, I look forward to watching it.

There are some other games on right now, UCLA-Was is a one point game at half, and well as Tenn-Mem, so I will stop this post now, and get back to it. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: