Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It is getting bad

The Pistons are really struggling right now, and I am worried, however, they do play in the east, which of course top to bottom, isn't as good as the west, so I am not worried about them missing the playoffs. I know they will still make it, but they do need to start playing better, and have this thing turned around before then. They still have lots of time, but the Cavs and Celtics are playing so good right now, they are just running away with it, they will be lucky to somehow catch the magic and get the 3 seed. They can do no worse then the 4-5 match up, or it will not be good around here. They need to figure out what to do. They just gave RIP an extension, but now they almost should try to trade him, since you are not going to trade Stuck, or AI, since he has one year left in his deal, and you are trying to clear up cap space. I just hope they start playing with the talent they have.

This is going to be a big basketball week for me the next few days. Tonight, Duke and Wake is on, but I don't really care, I will be at Rose Area to watch CMU girls play Temple and then the men play Ohio, in a big conference game. Tomorrow my team that I am an assistant coach at have a conference game on the road vs Bay City Central, they host districts so it will be nice to go there and make a statement and play well. The last two games, we have had great first quarters, up 24-3 and 27-9 respectfully, and then bad 2nd and 3rd, in one the lead got to 8, the other 4, before good 4th quarters saved us to earn two double digit wins, by 18 and 12. But we need to do a better job getting on teams and not letting them back in the game. On Friday, after practice, I will be going to watch 4 guys that I use to coach, 3 on one team, one on the other, play each other in a big high school game. Both teams are undefeated, so it should be fun to watch. Also Friday two of my best girl friends in the world are coming up and will be in town, so I am going to go out with them, and my old roommate for a little bit, I am really looking forward to that. Should be a great rest of the week, there is something else this weekend, but I can't remember what it is right now....

oh yeah, the Super Bowl. I really don't care, I don't know if it is because last year I cared so much, cause the Giants were in it, and this year, with the way they were going, I actually thought they were going back there, and got my hopes up, that now, ever since they lost, I really don't care about football for the rest of the year. I didn't watch either championship game, and I really just want the season to be over, and draft prep to officially start. I will be cheering for the Cards, but I do think the Steelers will win, but as of right now, I am planning on just staying at home with my wife and daughter, and kind of watching it.

I don't think there is anything else to talk about right now. College basketball conference season is really heating up, and every day it seems there is a big game.. Like tomorrow, I will get back from my game just in time to watch St Mary's and Gonzaga play at 11 on epsn2, I am really looking forward to that one.. Go Zags. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: