Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm back

After a great time in Hawaii, I am back. Instead of trying to play catch up, I was able to watch some games, but I didn't see any game in its entirety, I am just going to start from now, and not go back. So as things happen, today, and the rest of the week, I will start back up.

NFL Picks- Well I stayed true to my word, I didn't watch the games, but I am happy the cards won, and I thought the steelers would, either way, I am 6-4 in my playoff picks. As for the super bowl, if I watch it, I will be cheering for the Cards, it is just a great story. In saying that, I am 95% sure the Steelers will win, and 100% sure they are the better team.. My pick Steelers 24-14

Pistons- They announced that RIP will be the 6th man and no longer starting. Good thing he signed a big extension early on this year, to be our 6th man. Because of the great play of Stuck, he is our starting pg of today, and the future, so I have no problem with him starting, and of course AI will tell you, I don't come off the bench, remember that sound bite a few years back, coming off of injury, and they wanted to have him come off the bench and he did his whole "what former NBA MVP, or scoring champ, or all star comes off the bench." Then to make it better about a week later Duncan came off the bench when he returned from injury. Anyway, so know AI has to start, the Pistons could either continue going small, which wasn't working, see their losses to the thunder and bobcats, or not start RIP for the first time in his Pistons career. I think he will be fine with it, he is a good enough player, and a good enough guy to adjust and still be ready to go when his time is called. In saying all of that, I am a little worried about this team, it seems they still have the same problem, it wasn't Flip, which most of us knew, he was just easy to blame, they still play disinterested most of the time, and lose a lot of games to teams that are not even close to being in their talent level. Then against the better teams they actually play, beat the Lakers in LA, beat the Cavs, beat the Magic, raptors, they still get up for those games, then against the bobcasts, thunder, griz, and kings, they sleep walk, and maybe they win, maybe they don't. it is very hard to watch as a fan, who also coaches basketball, be in high school and AAU, but you hate to watch a team play to their competition, to not have that attitude that they are the better team and they are going to show it every night. I do understand in the NBA it is a long 82 game season and of course you are going to have off nights sometimes, but you shouldn't lose three or four games in a row, all to bad, very bad, teams.

Big ten- The conference is strong, MSU is looking really good, though their schedule hasn't been too tough at all, wining at Min, and even at PSU and Northwestern, are good wins, and ILL and OSU are both good teams, but beating them at home, was not a surprise. I do think MSU, Purdue, and Wis, are locks for the big dance still. Right now, ILL is in, and I think Michigan is in, as of now, but they are falling off a bit, they need some big conference wins. Min is started to play a little uneven, losing at northwestern, but they still only have 2 losses, and OSU is out, as of now, I think, and need to step it back up. Right now, I think the big ten has the 3 locks, and then 2 of the next 4 will get in, and maybe a 3rd.

Other then that, I will get in to more, as the week goes on. I had a great time, but it is nice to be back, and try to get caught up on sports. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: