Saturday, June 13, 2009

Game 7

Game 7 last night in the NHL finals was a very entertaining game, it just didn't turn out the way I wish it had. Flurry played great, and give the Pens all the credit in the world, besides game 5, where they got killed 5-0, every game was good, so even though they scored 3 less goals then the Wings during the series, they have the cup, and the Wings will have to wait at least a year before they win their 12th. It will be very interesting if they two meet again next year, unless a lot of things happen, there is really no reason to think they will not. The Wings did this to themselves, with a little help from the NHL not wanting a quick series, but they were up 2-0 and let the Pens tie it, then they were up 3-2 and didn't get the job done, they have lost 4 out of 5, and thus don't deserve to be the champs. Hopefully this will give them the proper motivation they need to win it next year. They controlled the 3rd period, but was only able to get one, and man did they have some great chances, hit some post, and the Flurry made some wonderful saves. Playoff hockey is so entertaining to watch, I don't know why more people don't watch it. I mean I am not a big hockey guy, I am not a die hard fan, I don't live and die with games, but the playoff games are great to watch, no matter what, if you like sports, I mean truly like sports, I don't know how you can't watch hockey. Unless you don't like to since there are not many American born players, and thus it is harder to know guys and feel close to them. Either way, it is a great sports, and it is IMO the best playoffs, by far. I am happy for the Pens and their fans, mostly my old roommate Drew who is a big Wings fan, and my buddy Mckay, they may be the only two Pens fans who live in the state of Michigan, so if you heard any cheering at all.. it is a good bet it was from one of them. Anyway, it was a great game, and watching the playoffs this year as closely as I did, I really think next year I am going to try to follow hockey more, and not just watch the playoffs.

Moving on, June to me means basketball, I work some camps at CMU, and there is the NBA draft. So I will start working on that, and have a mock draft up, very soon. As far as the NBA finals.. I picked the Lakers and 5, and I think that it will be happening tonight. We will see if the Magic can fend them off and force the series back to LA, but I am sticking with my picks.. Lakers win tonight, and win in 5.
At least the Tigers beat the Pirates last night, so it wasn't all bad. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: