Monday, June 1, 2009

wings up 2-0 Lebron's fishing

Two big wins for the Wings over the weekend has put the Pens' backs up against the wall. They are of course a good talented team and could still win the cup, but it basically comes down to this, for me. If they go back to the Joe not tied at 2, it's over. If they lose game 3, they will get swept, and if they lose game 4, and are down 3-1, they will lose in 5. Which is what I predicted would happen, and I still think it will. They will win game 3, and not get swept, but lose in 5. Tuesday night is a very very big game.

So the Cavs are done, and basically it is all the media talks about. Not about the two teams still in it. Of course we have until Thursday to do that. God the NBA tries so hard to ruin the playoffs and basketball for me. But I love the game too much not to watch at least a little. As for the series I am still think the Lakers will win, and I actually think they will do it in 5. The Magic just were a terrible match up for the Cavs. The Lakers can play gasol, odom, ariza, kobe and d fish/brown/farmer, and have no problem what so ever. Bynum gets back up 5 minutes, and can bang around with Dwight for a bit, use his fouls, and Gasol is a bad match up for Dwight on the offensive end, and can score down low on him, when he wants too. Plus Odom is a more athletic, not as good of a shooter version of Lewis, so that is a good match up, and Ariza is more athletic then Hedo, and thus can gaurd him. Basketball is all about match ups, and I really feel the Lakers match up well against the Magic. The Lakers will win their 15 NBA title in 30 appearances.

Other then that, I enjoy watching women's college softball, and that championship series starts tonight, Florida has been number one all year, and looks great, but Washington has the national player of the year, as their stud pitcher, and clean up hitter, so I think they have a chance. In fact, I am going out on a limb, and picking a upset, Washington wins the national title two games to one.

I still don't care about the French open, sorry

Real quick, people making a big deal about Lebron not shaking hands with the Magic after loosing is so annoying to me. On one hand I could say, all year Lebron is laughing, celebrating, doing planned introductions with his teammates, making a big deal out of everything, having fun, and then you lose a few games, and maybe he realized the team around him isn't that good, and he needs help, and then he gets upset, and shows no sportsmanship, which could be argued he has done all year with his introductions... as for his introductions, I just took it as a kid having fun, he didn't do it in any one's face and he did it with his teammates. As for this, shake the other teams hand and wish them good luck, and tell them good job. Yeah it sucks to congratulate someone after they just beat you, but you just sent two teams home, and they congratulated you, it's just being a pour sport, and really just being a immature young man. Grow up, and start acting like the leader of your team, and the face of the league, instead of a guy who runs away and leaves his teammates to answer questions in the locker room, when every reporter just wants to talk to you anyway. It's all smiles and laughs when they win, and they he acts like a spoiled child when he losses. I am surprised by that. Grow up. In saying that, I really don't think it is that big of a deal, and people shouldn't give him too much crap for it... though I kind of just did. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: