Friday, June 5, 2009

we got a series folks

It has been said a series doesn't truly start until the home team losses. Well if that is the case the SC final hasn't started yet. After wining both games at home the Wings were up 2-0 and really only needed to win one of the next two to control the series, and have it all but locked up. Instead the Pens won both games at home, and gave us all a series worth watching. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I will not pretend to be the world's biggest hockey fan, but the playoffs are great to watch, and I really believe if you don't like watching the hockey playoffs, you don't like sports. Now we have what will be at least a 6 game series. It is fun to watch, no matter who you cheer for, each goal becomes that much bigger, each shift, each save. This is what is so great about sports. The Wings now find themselves in basically a must win game on Saturday back in Detroit, if they go down 3-2 going back to Pitt, it is all but over. The Wings need to win Saturday or the cup might just have a new home. I think the Wings will win, and then win the series in 6.

As for the NBA finals the Lakers had no problem with the Magic tonight, just go back to my last post, when I talk about the match ups for this series and you will know I am not surprised at all, this is what I thought would happen, and I think it will continue to happen. The lakers will win this series in 5... 6 tops.


Congrats to the D train today for accomplishing the rare feet of being taking out while having a no hitter. He did not give up a hit, yes in the 3rd, up 0-2 in the count, and 3-0 in the game, he hit a batter, and then walked the bases loaded, and two runs in before being pulled even though he did not give up a hit. The runs eventually scored so he was looking at being charged for 5 runs, on no hits... wonderful. Thank god that Boston series is over, maybe the Tigers can start wining some games again. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: