Monday, June 22, 2009

NBA Mock Draft

With my next set of camps starting tomorrow and going though Thursday, today is the last day I have to do my NBA mock draft. The draft is coming up on Thursday and I am looking forward to it. My Pistons have a early pick for them, #15, so I am hopefully waiting to see what they get. In a perfect world for me, Steph Curry would fall that far, but that isn't happening.. so anyway.. here is my 2009 NBA mock draft.


1) Clippers- Blake Griffen- This is the easy one. Getting drafted by the Clippers is the only thing that can happen, where I, a unemployed stay at home dad, feels bad for a millionaire. I am really hoping this happens. Camby stays, Blake plays the 4, and my boy CK is traded to someone in the east, I would love it if it was my Pistons, moving on

2)Grizzlies- Ricky Rubio- I know a lot of people are picking Thabeet here, but here is my take on Thabeet; project, basically no offensive game, tall and long, but not strong enough right now, and though he is a good rebounder and defender because of his height, any big who has a face up game would give him trouble... doesn't really sound like the number 2 overall pick does it... though he will go somewhere in the top 5... I personally wouldn't draft him that high, but we shall see. I take Rubio here cause to me, he is the second best player in the draft, no question, plus a great pg to push the tempo with OJ and Rudy Gay on the wings.

3)Ok Thunder- Hasheem Thabeet- I wouldn't take him here, but for the Thunder it makes sense, they have some guys who can score, and they don't need another wing right now, as much as they need a big.

4)Kings- DeMar DeRozan- The kings don't need a two because they have Kevin Martin, so it is between a one or a three, I think Jennings is too big of a risk here, so they take DeRozan, they could also trade down, but I don't think so. This is my roll of the dice pick.

5)Wizards-Tyreke Evans- He is too talented to fall out of the top 5, and if the Wiz got agent 0 back, with him, Evans at the two, butler at the 3 and Jaminson at the 4.. watch out... they would score.. don't know if they could stop anyone, but they would score.

6)T-Wolves- James Harden- great fit, the Wolves need a 3, and with DeRozan gone, Harden is the next best thing, he could also play the two, but I see him being able to play the 3 for them as well.

7)Warriors- Brandon Jennings-Jennings still is in the top ten, I am sure he doesn't care where he gets drafted, as long as he is back in the US.

8) Knicks- Stephen Curry- I feel this is a done deal, if Curry is there at 8, the Knicks are taking him, of course some things could mess that up, with someone feel that the Knicks wanted, maybe Evans or DeRozan.

9)Raptors- Jordan Hill- Bosh's replacement.. next man in

10)Bucks- Ty Lawson- Why pass on a winer like Lawson, I think he is going to be a very good pg in the NBA. I hope I'm right. 10 might be a little high, but I like him more then Jonny Flynn

11)Nets- Earl Clark- Long, and skilled, he would be a great pick for the Nets

12)Bobcats- Terrence Williams-not a bad shooter, long, at 6'6, I think he would fit. You can read all you want about guys falling and rising, but somebody has to be picked.

13)Pacers-Jonny Flynn- He very well may be gone long before this, but if he is still here, the Pacers almost have to take him, right? Granger would actually have a talented pg to get him the ball

14)Suns-Gerald Henderson- I think this is almost a lock too, if Henderson is here, the Suns take him.

15)Pistons- Austin Daye- This is more of a hope, since I have always like Daye, being a fan of the Zags, at 6'11 and being able to shoot the 3 and handle so he could do a lot of things for the Pistons. They could use him as a backup 3 to ta ta, or even start him at the 4. He does need to get stronger, but I like his game a lot. Blair is another name I have heard here, but at 6'7 is he is basically a two inch taller version of Jason M. A little stronger, not as good of a leaper, but still undersized to play the 5 in the NBA

16)Bulls-Chase Budinger- If he is still on the board, I don't know if he will be, the Bulls almost have to take him, he can score, and spread the floor, a great piece to add to D Rose. Blair also could go here.

17)76ers- Jrue Holiday- I don't think he will fall this fall, I am just going to say now, I will be wrong. I am going through this, and I haven't found where he will go, but for this mock draft, he was there, so the 76ers are taking him, no question about it, if he is here.

18)T-Wovles-Jeff Teague-The Wovles second of 3 1st round picks, I like them taking Teague here. He has been a little up and down in workouts, I have read, but I think he would be a good young pg for the Wolves and they already add Harden, in this mock draft, so you add that to Love and Al Jefferson, and you have a nice start.

19)Hawks- Erin Maynor- Who knows what will happen with Bibby, and Smith and their other free agents, but I like Maynor's game, he is a very good player, and if he is here, he is a great pick at 19

20)Jazz-DeJuan Blair- Who knows what will happen with Milslap or Boozer, Blair could fill right in, and be that tough rebounder/defender that Milslap was.

21)Horents-James Johnson- You get the feeling that Johnson could go anywhere from the 10-13 range to the mid or even late first round. I like him for the Hornets, he can run and he has good size, 6'8 235, and put him with fellow ex demon deacon cp3, and watch out

22)Mavs- Omri Casspi- This is a pick the Spurs would make, but they are not in the first round, so I will give him to the Mavs, another team that has a lot of guys not from this country.

23) Kings- DaJuan Summers- You have Kevin Martin, so again, you don't need a guy like Wayne Ellington here, so why not a athletic 6'8 240 ponder who could play a few different spots for you. I think this would be a good fit

24)Blazers- Tyler Hansbrough- To me this would be prefect for both parties. The Blazers get a guy who is tough, does all the little things, doesn't have a ego, and is a flat out winer, and Tyler goes to a team where he would not be expected to score 20 a night, he could just be him, ie, do the little things, be tough, defend/rebound set good screens, take charges, get garbage buckets and help them win, basically just be himself

25)Thunder-Wayne Ellington- A scorer that can play the 2, seems like that would be a good fit, westbrook, Ellington, Durant, Green and Thabeet.. ladies and Gentlemen your 2009-2010 Ok Thunder.. enjoy.

26)Bulls-BJ Mullens- This is a reach, for he is a project, but I think this being their second 1st round pick, and the Bulls being a much improved team they can take a risk here. Mullens is not going to fall out of the 1st round, so he had to go sometime.

27)Grizzies- Sam Young- Long, strong, and athletic, he is a very good player, and may be off the board a few picks before this, if not, great pick

28)T-wolves- Josh Heytvelt-well it's the wolves 3rd 1st round pick, I have given them Harden and Teague, lets say we give them a big. Sure they have Love and Jefferson, but how about a guy like Heytvelt, he can step out a little, and also has a nice post game, again I have liked him for a long time, because he is a Zag, and he was a very good college player, when he wasn't getting in trouble for smoking weed. I still think he is a 1st rounder, and he goes here.

29)Lakers- Derrick Brown-The champs don't need a lot of help, but Brown is versatile and has good skills and a nice shooting touch, he would be a nice pice for them

30)Cavs-Jon Brockman- A tough big, 6'7 255 who is a great rebounder, could replace Ben Wallace for the Cavs, both Brown or Young would be a better fit for the Cavs IMO, but I had them gone, so deal with it.


Well there you go. Lets hope I get at least a couple right. Looking forward to Thursday. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: