Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Game 7 it is.. and Izzo is back to stay

The Lakers dominated the Celtics last night winning by 22 to force a game 7 tomorrow. I would stick with what I said that the Lakers will win the game, and series, but I actually think getting blown out will help the Celtics. You saw the starters sitting there talking during the 4th quarter and they looked focused, knowing that their goal is still in tact. Meanwhile most of the Lakers bench was laughing, smiling and having fun, besides Kobe who watched closely with a still ready look on his face. Not having Perkins will hurt the Celtics because that means Sheldon Williams will have to play more, never good, but I think the Lakers would have won anyway, because Kobe will not let them lose a game 7 at home, and as we saw, everyone else on their team plays better at home. I just hope for a good game, and I think it will be. Pick: Lakers 101 Celtics 93. MVP: Kobe.. of course.


Izzo is staying at MSU for life. I thought he would stay, and he made if official last night that he is. I think he made the right choice, MSU is going to have a great team next year, they have all but Morgan coming back and a great class coming in. If they don't make the final four next year it will be a disappointment. Though Purdue and OSU will also be very good in the big ten, plus Wisconsin, Ill, and Minn will all be good and are always tough places to win. I will not pretend to know him well or anything but I have been lucky enough to meet and talk to coach Izzo a good number of times and he really is a good guy, and a great coach, so I am glad he is staying. I love CMU, but I like MSU basketball, and coach Izzo is someone you have to respect. It was a great day for MSU, the state of Michigan, and the entire big ten, and college basketball.

Busy day tomorrow, you have game 7 of the NBA finals, first round of the US Open, plus the World Cup and baseball games. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: