Friday, June 4, 2010

RIP Coach Wooden

well I was going to talk about the Tigers loosing to KC after taking two of out three from the tribe, but that will have to wait.


For tonight we lost in my mind the best coach of all time. Coach Wooden passed away at the age of 99 tonight, and will be missed by so many, including, a son, a daughter, 7 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren. My thoughts and prayers are with all of his friends and family, and I just wish I would have been lucky enough to meet him, but I am very blessed that I have been able to read a few of his books and I have learned a lot about basketball and life, and I try to teach as many of those things as I can when I am coaching at any level. I will now write just a few of his favorite lines.


Earn the right to be proud and confident

The best way to improve the team is to improve our self

Happiness begins where selfishness ends

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there

If you do not have the time to do it right, when will you find time to do it over

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today

Time spent getting even would be better spent trying to get ahead

What is right is more important then who is right

You handle things. You work with people

Tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember a story

Don't let making a living prevent you from making a life

The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother

Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them

Be quick, but don't hurry

Do not mistake activity for achievement

Make each day your masterpiece


RIP Coach Wooden.. thank you. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: