Monday, August 2, 2010

August is here.. bring on football

The calender has turned from July to August and that means that football is right around the corner. NFL training camps are all under way and college fall practices start very soon, later this week for most schools, and it couldn't come at a better time. As I talked about last time, the Tigers are falling apart and finding new ways to lose, so besides fantasy, I basically done with baseball until the 2011 season.

The two biggest football stories in the NFL right now is Albert Hansworth and Dez Bryant. First dez didn't carry Roy's pads which I thought was stupid, you're a rookie, do it, and now he is out for 4-6 weeks with a ankle sprain. I am a big Giants fan, so basically anything bad that happens to the Cowboys I like. Hansworth not being able to pass a simple conditioning test multiple days in a row is just really funny. How do you get paid so much money and then not come in to camp ready to go, when you know what you have to do, I guess you could ask JaMarcus Russel. Guys like that are the guys who really drive fans crazy. You get 21 million and you can't show up in shape. I am just happy he is on the skins and not my Giants.

I did a quick NFL picks yesterday without thinking about it, when someone asked me, and I had in the NFC the Viks, Cowboys, Atlanta and Seattle winning divisions and the Packers and Saints winning the wild card, then in the AFC I had the Colts, Ravens, Pats and Chargers winning divisions and the Jets and Texans as wild card winners. I had the Viks beating the Ravens in the super bowl 24-14. I will be thinking about this more and doing some more research and then make my official picks on here soon. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: