Saturday, June 28, 2008

draft trade recap

I have been busy working basketball camps so I have not wrote as much as I wanted to about the NBA draft, now that I have a break till the end of July, lets play catchup.


Trade re cap: in no particular order

Teams: wolvs and griz
Players: Oj mayo, a walker, m jaric, and g buckner for k love, m miller, b cardinal, j collins
Thoughts: Love playing the 5 with jefferson at the 4 is a nice front line for the wolves, not to mention mike miller, is a good shooter, and the only guy in this trade that I could get excited for... well besides walker, but that is only cause I am excited to see how much more weight he can gain and how worthless he can become. Oj mayo is a stud, and will help out the griz, who needs him, I like the trade for both teams
Advantage: wolves right now.. cause they got m miller and got rid of walker


Teams: Nets and bucks
players: R Jefferson for bobby simmons and the chairman yi
thoughts: no picks, but it happened around the draft so I will quickly talk about it.. yi goes to a bigger city, which he wanted, the nets clear more cap space for 2010 when the sign lebron, and pour r jefferson is going to mil.. I feel bad for him
Advantage: nets all the way.. pour richard, he can help them in the short run though

Teams: raptors and pacers
players: J O neal and n jawai for tj ford R. nesterovic M Baston and r hibbert
thoughts: raptors move tj ford who they didn't want to start anymore, and they got j o neal to go along side c bosh, on paper it should work. meanwhile the pacers get a solid pg, plus a young big, who I think will do nothing, hibbert, and a old big who will do nothing, nesterovic
advantage: raptors

teams: blazers and pacers
players: j bayless and ike Diogu for b rush, j jack, and j mcroberts
thoughts: the pacers were busy, sending bayless to the blazers, since they just got tj ford, no need for another pg. But they get jack back, who is more of a scoring, while ford is more of a true point, so that might work. They still need to get rid of jamal tindsley. I love this trade for the blazers, bayless can start at the point, with roy, webster, aldridge, oden, that is a great lineup for a young and up and coming team, plus diogu will add muscle down low and rebounding. A great trade for them, I like b rush as a wing for the pacers, and mcroberts going to the pacers as well, so they could play an all white front line with murphy, mike d jr and mcroberts, which would be fun.. and spend out the d, cause they can all shoot
advantage: blazers
i
Teams: a bunch
players: d arthur, d green, j doresy, n batum, futrue picks, and cash
thoughts: drafted by NO, which was for the blazers, who gave the horents cash, then the blazers trade him to the rockets along with j dorsy for n batum, then the rockets trade him to mem for d green and a 2009 2nd rd pick.. what a long day for arthur, but I see mem being a nice fit for him. batum should stay overseas and help portland in a few years. dorsey will bring toughness to the rockets and green will give them an athletic slasher
advantage: blazers

teams: pistons and sonics
players: dj white for w sharpe and t plaisted
thoughts: don't like dj white, so i am happy with this trade, sharpe will be in the nbadl and has some potential. Plaisted is long and a lefty, and runs the floor well, so I like this trade for my pistons, I am happy with it
advantage: pistons, the sonics need a lot so trading two for one, not the best idea, but with 6 picks, they could do some things, and who knows, maybe dj will lose some weight, get in shape and learn to play harder. When he does, he can be a great rebounder, I don't know about his nba scoring ability however.

there were a lot more trades, but that is all I am going to go in to as of now, maybe more later, when I have more time. In other things, real quick, tigers are continue to play better, so that is good, only 5 games back, we are still fine. I look forward to a fun summer race in the central. And with the draft done, until football starts, baseball is all we got. go tigers. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: