Sunday, August 10, 2008

2 down

I have to be honest, I am really starting to get in to the Olympics. Of course I will follow basketball, but so far swimming has really caught my eye. I was actually going to write a post about how unfair it was that 3 of the 4 swimmers who swam in the 4 by 100 freestyle semi's would not swim in the final. Since the US, like other teams as well, save their big guns for the finals. Well in the semi's we set a world record. Then 3 of those guys would not get medals. Well what happens. The US destroy, I mean destroy the world record that was set only a few hrs earlier by their teammates and make one of the best 50m comebacks in the history of the sport to win the gold medal, set a new world record and keep phelps' chances of passing Mark Spitz individual golds in a Olympics alive. In basketball we cruised in the second half against China in what was a rather entertaining game, and my boy CK, playing for Germany, went 10-12 for 24 points. I look forward to the rest of the Olympics. I am really enjoying it so far. I think every sports fan should follow it. Great athletes who work so hard for that one moment, that one chance, they do it for all the right reasons. Needless to say, I have caught Olympic fever.
Tigers won today as well, so it was just a great day all together. Back to more Olympics to watch, and time to get some sleep, since I have many more days of 12hr plus of coverage a day. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: