Friday, August 8, 2008

just in time

football is here, yeah only preseason but still, and it couldn't have come at a better time. Even though they did afford the sweep and beat the white sox 8-3 yesterday the Tigers are still 7 and a half back, and all but done. Yeah there is still a small chance, I mean stranger things have happened, but it isn't looking good. The NFL is back and I am pumped. For one my Giants are super bowl champs, which means I will give them at least a year or two before I get on them again, cause I am still so happy about them winning, and if we go by history they will not make the playoffs, since they didn't the year after their first two super bowl wins. The best part about their first preseason games was it was against the Lions, which meant it was on TV here in Michigan and I got to see it. Now I wish I could have been there, but going out with a few of my best friends, one who was in town and haven't seen see march, was the next best thing. I don't care that they lost, it's the preseason, it was just good to watch football again. We are also only 19 days away from cmu football's opener. Hopefully we can win out third mac title in a row. Besides football something else is started today, officially. The summer Olympics. I am not a big Olympic fan but I am going to try my best to get in to it this year. I mean I love basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, and the swimming and track events are always fun to watch. I also don't mind gymnastics, at least girls. So hopefully the US will do well in those events. We should win softball, and soccer for the girls, even though they lost their first game 2-0 to Norway, which was a big surprise, but hopefully they bounce back. With the men, soccer and baseball will be harder, but lets hope for a strong showing. Basketball we should win both, but I would be more surprised if the women didn't win then the men. Since if teams slow the game down, and our guys miss shots from the outside, very good possibility, we could lose. Our basketball team is of course the most talented, but that doesn't always mean Gold. I hope it will. I am also looking forward to following Phelps trying to win all those golds, and all sprinting events are great to watch. So I am in the process of catching some Olympic fever. And with the Tigers bullpen finding new ways to give away games each night, it couldn't have come at a better time. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: