Sunday, August 31, 2008

college football week one.... so far

College football is back and I can not be happier. It started off good for me on Thursday. CMU won our home opener 31-12. Now yes it was against EIU, but a win is a win. Also our defense did look a lot better. Our offense did what they had to do, but it looked like they didn't want to show too much for the big game next week, OK so it will not be a big game, it will just be a big win for the number one team in the nation, but hey, we will take our check and move on. As far as Saturday games I did not watch as many as I would have liked, cause I went to Detroit for the Tigers game for a friend's bachelor party, but we had a suit, so I did get to watch most the of the msu-cal game and the ILL-Mizzu game. So lets talk about a few of the bigger games, or bigger wins, yesterday.... In no order what so ever:

usc- uva- wow, I know Virgina is not the best, but they are a bcs school paying a home game and get beat 52-7. USC is sick, wow our they good. I am feeling a lot better about my pick of them to beat osu, and run the table and play OK in the title game and win.

osu-ysu- enjoy the easy win while u can, usc is going to beat them, I feel very good about that now

msu-cal- I am a cmu grad and a chip through and through, but if I had to pick a big ten school to cheer for it would be msu, so I do consider myself a fan. I watched most of the game, since the Tigers were getting killed, and I liked some of the things I saw from their offense. Ringer ran hard, and they have some big play threats. Mark dell is going to be a beast. But their defense needs to get better. A team is trying to run out the clock by running the ball, you can't give up big yards, first downs and touchdowns. Lots of missed tackles and that will have to improve. Also throwing up a pick off your back foot with 14 seconds left in the 1st half, when you are on the ten, down 10 was just a really bad move to make for a qb, especially a sr co captain, he should know better

uofm-utah- I picked Utah to win this game, so I am glad I was right, but I do feel a little bad for my friends that our Michigan fans. They have some work to do. I think they will be good again, but it will not be this year. Their defense didn't look as good as most people thought it would. Don't get me wrong, Utah is actually a good team, but Michigan will lose at least 3 more games this year, maybe more.

Ill-Mizzu- Well I was wrong on this one. Mizzu looked great, and I see them running the table and setting up a big 2 vs 3 match up winner goes to the bcs title game vs OK in the big 12 title game.

BG-Pitt- mac love, that's all

Clemson-Bama- wow, Clemson did not look good. Replacing those 4 starters on the O line hurt a lot, and they need to get CJ and Davis more, and I mean a lot more, touches. Bama looked really good, they got some great young talent, that should be a interesting team to watch this year.

There were of course lots more, but week one is mostly cupcakes, I am looking forward to watching ken-lou here today, and ucla-tenn tomorrow. I am just so happy college football is back and we are less then a week away from the start of the NFL season, thank god.

No comments: