Monday, November 10, 2008

college football weekend wrap up week 11

CMU doesn't play till Wednesday, vs NIU on espn2 btw, so they will not be number one, in fact, I don't know if I will come up with ten, so lets just start and see how many we get.

1) Psu-Iowa- Well everyone is now happy, besides psu fans. We will not get to see a big ten team in the title game for the 3rd year in a row. This is great, thank you Iowa. PSU is not a bad team, in fact they are really good, but they are not great, and I would much rather see bama, texas tech, texas, Fl, USC or OK in there before I saw PSU.

2) Texas Tech-OK State- Tech is good. I mean really good. I am a believer now. I will admit I was not crazy about them at first. Thought as soon as they play the tough part of their schedule they would start loosing, but first Texas and now OK State, they are the real deal. Yeah both games were at home, but still, those are two big wins. That offense can score against anyone. I would love to see them play Bama or FL. Really I would love to see them vs USC's defense in a big game, where they actually play well, because we all know USC plays a lot better when they know they need to, ie big games and bowl games, then they do the rest of the year.

3) Bama-LSU- LSU made it close, since it was at home, and they are not bad, by far the best 3 lost team in the nation, by far, but Bama showed something to me at least. They were actually behind and came back and then held on to win. They had only trailed for like 90 seconds all year before this game, so this was good for them. Them and FL in the SEC title game, dec 6th I believe, will be a wining goes to the BCS title game, no question in my mind. Of course watch Fl lose to FSU or something and ruin it all, then they beat FL, and then PSU might just be back in the title game, unless the BCS would put two big 12 schools in, which they wouldn't.

4) FL-Vandy- Being at Vandy I thought this might actually be a closer game, not that Vandy would win, but give the Gators a game. Yeah, not so much. That was a butt kicking if ever there was one. Fl is good, I mean really good, it makes you wonder, how in the blue hell did they ever lose to ole miss at home. Since they still have the worse loss of all the top one loss teams.

5) MSU-Purdue- If only MSU can beat PSU, they will win they big ten. But we already saw what happens to MSU in big games, OSU killed them. So as long as they win out, PSU will still go to the Rose Bowl. MSU is having a nice year, and they are moving in the right direction.

6) Uofm-Minn- Even when Michigan is bad, and Minn is actually ranked, and going to go to a bowl, Michigan still beats them for the little brown jug. Michigan has never lost in the dome, and this was their last chance to do it, so there you go. Even in their worst year, they are still good enough to win a road game in the big ten.

7) WMU-ILL- I don't like western Michigan, ok, I hate them, but this was a nice win, so I must say... MAC LOVE. The Mac has now won 4 games over the big ten this year. That tells you all you need to know about the big ten. They are 4-5 vs them in 9 games, but 8 of them were at the Big ten school, and the other one was a "nutual" site game at ford field between ILL and WMU. But that tells you all you need to know about the big ten this year. So I will say it again, MAC LOVE... oh, btw, WMU did get 6 votes in the AP top 25 poll, my Chippewas got 5, why is that a problem, well, we have both lost two games, but one of theirs was to us, by 10, when we were playing with our backup qb, and another was to Nebraska. We lost to UGA, and Purdue, who we were up with 40 seconds to go, and should have beaten. I know it doesn't matter, so I am really just bitching, but still. Bottom line, we need to beat NIU on epsn2 on Wednesday, and then beat BSU on epsn2 next Wednesday, and we will be ranked.

I think that is all I want to talk about right now, I am sure I forgot some things. So I only got to 7, not quite 10, I could add some more, but I don't want to. Let me know what I should have mentioned.

real quick non college football related. Yes it is true my Pistons are 0-2 with AI this year and 4-0 without him. But this is why the trade happening early is so great, it gives us lots of time for them to get use to each other. As for last night vs the Celtics, 1) the Celtics are a great team, 2) we shot really bad, that happens, 3) Eddie House went off, and 4) like I said, it was AI's second game, give him time, they will be fine. Everyone can clam down I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: