Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NFL wrap up week 11

So after going 11-4-1 this week, I mean, right, I picked phil to win and it was a tie, so that is a tie for me too, right? I am going with it. So anyway, after a 11-4-1 week, I am now 99-61-1 on the year. So lets look at some things from the week.


-The Jags were doing great on my upset pick of the week up 14-3, and then 21 points in a row by the Titans and they lose 24-14, plus all 3 were TD's by Kerry Collins, people forget he knows how to throw. But all this MVP talk can stop, he has 8 TD's and 4 int, that is no where close to mvp numbers, I don't care if they go 19-0 and win the super bowl, which they will not do, he is not the mvp.

-My Giants are rolling, and I could not be happier. I am still a little worried, but the way they are playing, man, almost too good to be true. With CMU football being 7-2, it has been a really good fall for me, 9-1 and 7-2 for my college and NFL teams, not too bad.

- The Lions are so close, will they win one.. I still say yes

-I also still think the Titans will lose one, at least

-The Jags will not make the playoffs, and I was way wrong, I will continue to admit that, my bad.

-I still think the Saints have a chance, but it doesn't look good.

-I still like the Pats to win the afc east, call me crazy, but I do

-The Panters may be the worst two loss team at this point in the history of the NFL.

-My fantasy teams need to keep wining, I want to make the playoffs, in at least 4 of my 6 leagues, if the season ended today I would, but I have been slipping a bit.... again. Andre Johnson, please go back to catching td's and having over 100 yards receiving a week, thank you.



non football.. if you haven't seen the dunk by the Frenzo state kid in the st Mary's game yet, go on epsn and watch until it comes up, or go online, do something, you need to see it, it was nice. I think he name was Paul George, and it was sick. Tomorrow is the big game, go fire up chips, beat balls state.

One last thing, as I mentioned yesterday was the first day of basketball practice in Michigan for high school and I am an assistant varsity coach, it is always great to watch the guys those first few days, which are of course the hardest, to see who is tough enough to get through it and keep going, and does everything asked of them, and who all of a sudden needs ice for this or that, or isn't feeling well, tweaks a ankle or knee, it is a great way to tell the kind of person they are, and the type of player they are, and the type of team you will have. It is clear who are the tough guys, and who are weak, just wanted to go on that random tangent, sorry.
I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: