Wednesday, November 5, 2008

weekend football wrap up

I am sorry, I would have done the college wrap up on Monday, but I had to talk about the AI trade, so I didn't get to it, and then yesterday, between voting, and mowing the lawn, and some other things, I just didn't get to my NFL one as well. So here we are, on Wednesday, I will first go with my pro picks. This week I went 8-6, which makes me 80-51 on the year. SO lets look at a few things from the NFL from this last Sunday.


-The Jags are in serious trouble now, and even more so, I picked them to be really good, and I was wrong, dead wrong. Sorry.

-The Colts will make the playoffs

-The Titans will lose at least 3 games, but they are very good.

-The Lions will win at least one game, I just can't see which one

-The Raiders are really bad, and I know they won 2 games, but they just get killed, I mean the Lions at least lose close games, and the Bengals lost some close ones, before finally getting a win this week, but the Raiders just get killed. Which makes me laugh

-My Giants have done what they needed to do so far, but with phili next there is still plenty of tough games left, but they are playing well, which is making me happy.

-The Cowboys playing so bad is also making me happy, it is really starting to look like they will not make the playoffs.

-At the mid point, if I got to pick again, my playoff teams would be:
AFC: Pats, Titans, Chargers ( I still see them holding off Denver) Pitt, with the Colts and Bills win the wild cards
NFC: Giants, Cards, Packers ( would have been Bears before Orton's injury) Panthers, Skins and Saints will be the wild cards


As for college, I will not do ten things, just a few.

- Northwestern-Minn- Congrates to Min for adding a new chapter in the book "how to lose a game" that was great. Tied game, they have the ball on their own 30, 27 seconds left, they are in the shot gun, trying to make something happen and get in fg range. They are at home, and they throw a pass, that hits off the wr shoulder and in to a Northwestern defender, who runs it back about 45-50 yards for a TD and the Gophers lose. Priceless.

-FL-Uga- Wow, the Gators are looking good, you would have to think, right now, they could beat anyone else in the nation

-Texas-Texas Tech- What a game, wow, I mean, that was great, Got to love college football. Tech will lose at least once, if not twice, since they still have a lot of work to do, but a great game.

MSU-Wis- They are down the entire game, but MSU was ahead the only time that it mattered, at the end. Nice fg to win it, and as long as they take care of Purdue, which they should win, and then it sets up a big one vs PSU. The problem, it is at Happy Vally, so I give them about a 5% chance of winning.

-CMU-IU- The big ten curse is over. Yeah it was just Indiana, but it had been since 1992 that CMU football has beaten a BCS school, and a big ten school, it was MSU in 91 and 92. But after a close call this year vs Purdue, when we took the lead with less then a minute left, only to give it up, we found a way with my friend and back up qb Brain Brunner to win 37-34 on the road. Brunner set a single game record for the school with 485 yards passing, not too bad, he also had 4 passing td, and a the go ahead rushing one. Great win. NIU and BSU play tonight, who are the next two teams we play, on the next two Wednesdays. We have NIU on the road next week, and then as long as we take care of business the Ball State game becomes so big, on Nov 19 at k/s stadium. Go fire up chips. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: